Morgan Ranch Extended offer..with items we've never sold online!

1 Like

Yeah, my not-so-little box got delayed by FedEx with the Memphis Blues…again.
On the upside it’s 9 above here tonight so if it’s anywhere close it’s cold.

Andrew…….Shhhhhh

1 Like

Folks, I cooked 3 of the tri tips tonight . Unbelievable. Just ordered another box.

1 Like

Plan on cooking one tomorrow!

How did you cook it?

1 Like

You guys,
We’ve got packages hanging out in Omaha and Memphis. And some that say they left Memphis 2 days ago but have never been seen again. :fearful: Our FedEx contact says they are working Saturday this week, so that is great news. Also, we plan for delays (this isn’t our first rodeo!), the meat is packaged so that a two day delay isn’t a big deal.
The crew is all rounded up to ship another 70 or so shipments today, but we don’t want your steaks hanging out with all those other unknown packages over the weekend. If your box isn’t already shipped it will leave here next week. I’m sending the crew onward to take care of the live cattle.
You lucky people that got your packages, keep posting pictures to make all the “next week” people jealous!
Carrie

1 Like

I’ve made the tri tips a few times and they are spectacular, i just cook to 115 internal in the APO then sear in skillet.

1 Like

Carrie, Memphis got heavily iced down. I have an overnight letter I sent to Nolita with her car tags, new debit card and her AAA card…. It is in Memphis at the FedEx hub. They are beginning to thaw a bit and motorists are finally out. Last year the college lost power for a week and only had two places on campus where the students could keep warm. No showers though! This year she said at least they didn’t lose power!

Luckily I have some other Nebraska meat options (bison and elk) in the freezer. I know elk stew was on tap for this weekend anyway. Looking forward to some Morgan Ranch Waygu though.

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

Sear in skillet first or after? Also APO?

anova precision oven. after

1 Like

Perfect thanks!

can do a 200-250 oven on a rack until 115 with similar results as well

1 Like

Just remember if you’re cooking at 250 you’ll get some carryover so pull before 120.

Anova precision oven makes meat impossible to mess up bc you cook at 130-140.

Copy. So really pull at 110 because it will heat up to 115? Either way these options sound good. Appreciate everyone’s help!

I think pulling at 115 for carryover to 120 before searing should work if you’re going for medium rare. You can always cook longer if it’s not done enough but can’t uncook it.

True! Also looking at the Anova oven. It looks amazing. How do you like it? Thinking about potentially getting one!

1 Like

Planning on grilling burgers with the ground beef tonight. Probably do 3 1/3 pound patties. If anyone has any good advice or recent successes on cooking these, let me know!

1 Like