March new offerings

March brings many new offerings from Napa What have you heard ?

Dalla Valle 21
Vice Versa 22
Ovid Experiment 21
Kinsman, sorry forget which wine

Any others please add

1 Like

Salty Goats 2021 Howell Mountain Cab

Kinsman’s March offering is '21 Kodō, '21 Aphex, '21 Hierothesion (if you’re allocated any/all :slight_smile:)

1 Like

That just means March is going to be $$ :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Scarecrow
Spottswoode
Robert Craig

Yep and im already broke from berserker day haha

1 Like

Reading about the Ovid Experiment wines, it seems like it’s “We threw a huge bunch of stuff together to see if it would work.”

An odd choice for a wine name to market.

I broke out into cold sweats when I got the Dalla Valle & Vice Versa email days apart :laughing:

2 Likes

I know the feeling haha

Thanks have u read or seen reviews on dalla valle I know dunnick and wine independent did reviews vinous has not vinous always seems to review what i consider buying after the release

Y and know i have bought them quite a few times and they have been quite good for the price they do make strange concoctions

Trying to figure out what do buy and what not to buy

1 Like

Nope, I’ve not seen any reviews on Dalla Valle.

Did you happen to get preview tasting or price for the upcoming Spottswoode 21 release?

1 Like

Our schedule did not align to taste with Spottswoode this trip unfortunately. I’m told to expect a price increase. The Napa increases have been more than we as consumers like to see. If they’re going to increase hopefully it’s $10 like last year.

2 Likes

The 2021 Spotteswoode did pass by me recently. I have been on the road so at the moment cannot find. Sores were pretty good high 90s for cabernet and 93 or so for Lyndenhurst. I forgot whose scores they were. I believe The Wine Independent reviewed these. I am not a subscriber Jeb may have tasted Dalla Valle. All from my memory. I get so much mail I will buy the estate cab from spottswoode and the Cab from Dalla Valle assuming I get an allocation. I did not buy 2020.

1 Like

Looks like release is at 285 per bottle on website. That seems like quite the hike considering I can still buy quality back vintages around 245. Its also one of my favorite napa cabs. Might fold for 6 pack will see…

2 Likes

Ouch. I was looking at previous releases and there was a $20 increase between 12 and 13 and then 14 to 15. $285 would be a $40 increase. I’m still a buyer at the price, but the number of bottles will go down and this will likely be the last vintage I buy direct on release.

I logged in to check and the price went down to $265 in checkout. So a $25 increase…still a buyer…but not for long.

3 Likes

Good news, must be a reduced cost for purchase history or bulk discount. Either way keeps me in the game, thanks!

They do a discount if you buy during the early release period and then the price goes up after. Last year it was $240 discounted and maybe $260 list.

i just went in to the site logged on and did not see a discount it was 285, still a buyer. I did notice that they had posted two different prices for the Lyndenhurst. I sent an e mail for clarification. thanks

I’m pretty sure the release is Wednesday and we discovered the wine for sale prior to the release. They’ll always have a higher price for the post release and a discount if you buy between now and whatever the cut off date is. Add the estate wine back into your cart and go to check out, it should drop in price.

Haven’t tasted the 21’ yet but already know it’s going to be a great.

Better question is if they make people buy any unsold 20’ with the 21’ like they did for the 18’ release when they made some buy the 17’ too.