March new offerings

Galioni 97. He says needs time
Lyndenhurst 93

1 Like

The Ovid offerings have been interesting but may not be worth the current release prices. Some of the whites have been really enjoyable.

Any thoughts on 001 Wines??

Galloni gave the 2019 a 93 called it a good start ecotone plus graham macdonald top grapes top winemaker 19 inaugural vintage

Most likely would not buy. That being said this is something to keep an eye on. At this point i think i am with blankiet and macdonald 2021 and any kinsman made wine for my money These have a good track record

1 Like

That’s a low and disappointing score considering the vineyard, winemaker, and vintage.

I definitely would have expected something higher.

307 cases made and $225 per bottle (3 minimum purchase likely required).

Tried 001 with Jack Bittner a few weeks back in Napa. Good wine, but it was not my wine of the trip (or anything close to). I think the price is around $225/bottle (going off memory). I’m in for a bottle, only because I am selling the other 2 bottles to a friend.

1 Like

Yes, 3 bottle minimum expected. Jack confirmed they are sold in 3-packs

Dalla Valle is live, and yikes - $500/ea for Maya, $275 for the cab sauv. Up by $25 for each bottling and well into rarefied Napa air. At $200/ea the cab was expensive but good; now, maybe too rich for my blood.

3 Likes

Has anyone else tried 001? Excited based on Roy Piper’s original recommendation, the vineyard and the MacDonald connection, but not sure I’ll ultimately pull the trigger absent a good review from someone.

All in the Dalla Valle was ~335. That’s a pass.

I tried the 001 last summer and liked it. Notes on CT, though it appears I am the toughest grader. If at $225, definitely worth it, especially given Napa pricing these days.

This is very good list, although not all inclusive for the smaller production high end wines.

1 Like

Yeah I was a buyer on both but with the $275/$500 price tags this year it’s giving me serious pause…Not to mention they only offer 2 day shipping which adds another $125…I swear some of these wineries need to consult a economist :laughing:

I am in for dalla valle cab, spottswood cab and blankiet myrhicus Morlet is also out will look at that split the scarecrow got one bottle. Will skip 001. Too many better wines. Can’t quibble over 25 dollars. Make it up skipping most 22 vintage

1 Like

…and now Detert tomorrow.

Yep… RIP

East Block?

in the fall. The regular can franc and cab sauv

Yea Jeff just saw the Detert

Lets add to todays list Continuum, 2022 Vice Versa, (do not know what to do with the vice versa 2022 all thoughts welcome) and Pott.

Gallioni gave both the deterts 95. Have a bunch of 19 e block so I think I can pass especially if there is a big price increase.

Continuum 94+ 310 per must get a 3 pack could be a pass another price increase.

Did you get an email from Tom?
I’ve been buying these but not the East Block but haven’t seen an email

Spottswoode email just hit.

At the bottom of the email
*Order by April 7th ​​​​to Receive Pre-Release Pricing & Benefits​​​​