Manhattan NYC (March 4th, 2024)

I will be in town from March 4-6 and would love to get together with fellow berserkers.
Is anyone available on either those 3 days?

When: Monday March 4th, 2024 (6 PM)
Where: Hawksmoor

1) Andre M
2) Brent
3) SunnyH
4) Thomas Rippe
5) Jeff_davidson
6) JulieC
7) Nbri_zuela
8) Phil.lukeman

(Bold = confirmed)

I could eat. :grin:

Where would you like to go? There are some good no corkage Monday options, and places we all know and love that will waive or limit corkage.

My schedule looks open now but work things happen. Monday Tuesday is always better for me.

Iā€™m in town those days too

Brent, Iā€™m in NYC as well. Where do you know of that does no corkage Mondays? Thats great intel

1 Like

Brent, Iā€™m open to anything.
No or low corkage would be a plus.

1 Like

Iā€™m probably free. Would be interested.

1 Like

Not helpful lol

Youā€™re the guest, what do you want to eat? There are too many options here, itā€™s NYC.

Steak focusedā€“
Hawksmoor is $10 corkage Monday and conveniently located in Gramercy.
Balvanera is an Argentine place on the LES which is Berserker friendly, no corkage Mondays.
Keens Steakhouse, a NYC classic, will waive corkage for me but the menu is pricier.

Afghan Kebab House is low budget but a longtime favorite on the UES. Always BYO no corkage. Bring stems.

In Chinatown, there is the classic Wuā€™s experience which can be a little pricey if you add crab and/or suckling pig but they have great stems.
PDH is great too, we usually go to the midtown location but the Chinatown location is no corkage. There are also a couple of other under the radar spots like Pingā€™s or Canton Lounge. Corkage negotiated but usually $10-15/bot or an unlimited group fee. BYO stems there.

As long as there isnā€™t a game or concert, I have an Italian spot by MSG, biricchino, who will waive corkage for us.

I can come up with more optionsā€¦

I wish I could make it but I will be traveling to NC in March. Enjoy!

1 Like

Iā€™m interested. Please put me on the list.

1 Like

Brent, thank you for the coming up with these option.
From your list, my pick would be Hawksmoor or Keens.
Which one has better food? Thanks

1 Like

Sorry to miss you John.
Hope we can meet in near future.

2 Likes

I could probably join on the 4th or the 6th.

FWIW: If you havenā€™t had the mutton chop at Keens, itā€™s A Thing for Carnivoresā€¦

2 Likes

Hawksmoor is a bit more up to date and has broader menu selections.

Keens a is classic 20th Century American Steakhouse menu.

I donā€™t think itā€™s about ā€˜better,ā€™ itsā€™s more a preference and if we want options for people who might not be carnivores.

Brent, lets do Hawksmoor then.
The menu indeed has more wider selection.

1 Like

I had to google it and it does look good.

1 Like

If itā€™s Hawksmoor then itā€™s Monday 3/4.

Iā€™ll make a reservation for 6 to start.

EDITā€”uhh what time?

Iā€™m going to be off the grid for a day or so Iā€™ll check back soon.

6:30 pm?
I donā€™t have time constraint so Iā€™m open to start time that works for everyone.

1 Like

if there is still room, count me in. if not no worries.

1 Like