New York City, aka Manhattan and the boroughs BYO

just sharing that gus’ chop house has no corkage mondays and popina is no corkage wednesdays.

4 Likes

One Fifth was great, really solid food and much easier to course out than a steakhouse- apps, pizza, pasta, mains…all good. Great veal milanese . Glasses were not great…we didn’t ask if they had better ones but if you are picky I would check or byog.

1 Like

Charlie Bird $65 (used to be $50)
Jungsik $150 (used to be $75)

1 Like

Are there any Manhattan places doing no/reduced corkage Tuesdays (besides milling room)? Tons of Monday options …not much on Tuesday…

Had dinner at Al di la in park slope last night. I’ve been going there for about 20 years but felt like it was on the decline the last few. We had nothing but pastas and dessert…was excellent and the way to go.

$20 corkage!

2 Likes

Restaurants named in the article are:

• Peking Duck House
  • Wu’s Wonton King
  • Spicy Village
  • Hot Space Brooklyn
  • L’Antagniste (Bed-Stuy, Monday only)
  • Lucali (1 bottle per 2 top, 2 bottle per 4 top, 5 per 6 top)
  • Tanoshi Sushi (UES)
  • Wondee Siam (Hell’s Kitchen)
  • Kashkar Cafe (Brighton Beach)
  • Casa Adela (Alphabet City, a “nominal” corkage fee)
  • La Tortillería Mexicana Los Hermanos (Bushwick)
  • Naro (Midtown, Sunday only)
1 Like

I read that article, lots of interesting mentions. However, based on past history I hope all of those places have a liquor license.

Went early last year and haven’t been for about 7 - 8 years before then. I thought it declined by quite a bit.

i thought they really took a notch down during covid. but having dinner inside and focusing on pastas worked. i think the state of italian food has been elevated so much in nyc in the last 10-15 years that al di la hasnt kept up but its still a solid option if youre in the area.

1 Like

Hawksmoor posted online that besides their normal $10 corkage Mondays, any bottles from flatiron have no corkage on Mondays and during wednesday-saturday lunch until 11/22.

Recommend Lincoln Ristorante for the holidays. Had a wonderful meal in a beautiful dining room. Splitting a 2009 Vaucrain for $35 corkage fee might be the reason I enjoyed so much. Nice burgundy stems, decanter on request, laguiole steak knives, caring service. That’s a holiday.

2 Likes

that’s surprisingly low corkage. I went a couple of years ago for Thanksgiving – it was a solid meal and a beautiful space.

I guess the corkage fee went up. Was $25 not too long ago.

1 Like

Just a couple of recent updates.

Shukette $40
Ci siamo $35
Cervos $35

2 Likes

any recommendations for no or low corkage in williamsburg? on a tuesday? going to a show in february and wanted to bring some good wine to dinner…ideally near union pool on meeker but anywhere nearby would be ideal.

Pecoraro Latteria on metropolitan. I think its $25 but I’d call first. St Anslem also does, but I don’t know their fee.

1 Like

Jupiter is no corkage Sundays

3 Likes

I wonder if it is the same on Sat too: “$35 per bottle, two bottle maximum, Monday- Friday”

Rezdora is now $95

Jungsik recently discounted my corkage to $75. Not sure why.