Luxardo Cherries Where?

Around ten dollars a jar from my place in the UK. I get through 2-3 a year.

I see them at @22.46 each?

googled it before I posted. Look for the 2 pack.

I loathe bourbon. That would make a good cocktail with gin as its base, similar to my favorite, the Tuxedo No. 2
2 ounces Plymouth Gin
3/4 ounce Dolin Dry Vermouth
1/4 ounce Luxardo Maraschino
2 dashes Orange Bitters
absinthe rinse

Combine ingredients (except absinthe) in a chilled mixing glass and stir with ice for 15 seconds.
Rinse the inside of a chilled cocktail glass with absinthe and discard the excess.
Strain stirred ingredients into chilled coupe and serve. Garnish with a lemon twist. Luxardo Cherry garnish also works well.

We go through a lot of luxardo’s at $15.99/ jar. Lately I’ve just been drinking bourbon, ice and 2 cherries. Pretty tasty.

You can get a two-pack of the cherries through Amazon for $34 with free shipping. As far as recipes go for the liqueur, this is a great summer cocktail:

2 oz Tanqueray gin
1/4 oz Luxardo Cherry liqueur
3/4 oz Rhubarb liqueur (Art in the Age)
Luxardo cherries to garnish

Art in the Age is based in PA, outside of Philly, and makes several eclectic liqueurs. I first had this in CA, but could get it in OH as well. Interesting contrast between the sweetness of the Lux vs. the rhubarb.

Try Amarena Fabbri ones instead of Luxardo. I like them better, more depth.

Found your cherries
IMG_7899.JPG

The classic use is a Hemingway daiquiri.
2 oz white rum,
3/4 oz Luxardo
3/4 oz lime juice
1/2 oz white grapefruit juice

Shake over ice and pour. Very good.

Go big or go home!

Williams Sonoma usually has Luxardos. Agree 100% on the Forbidden Bitters (usually in stock with K&L) and use Carpano Antica for the win.

I bought some Toschi cherries this year from Amazon. Under $18 for a 600 g can (compared to Luxardos over $20 for 400 g). The comments had indicated that they are a bit sweet but that the cherries themselves are firmer than the Luxardo. I agree on both counts, and following the suggestion of a commenter I transferred to a jar and thinned the juice with a small pour of cognac to excellent results.

Bought a 3 kg can of Luxardo cherries at Surfas for about $42–lifetime supply! Passed on the one twice that size.

Did they tell you a potential shelf life for the more than 6 pounds of cherries? Great deal when two jars would cost almost that much!

This is a concern. I’ve had Luxardos mold-over on me when not covered in the syrup.

no but I am sure I will eat/use more than two jars’ worth before they turn. Has a 2018 date on the can.

Just bought my first jar a couple months back. Curious how long they should keep if opened and stored in a cool dark place.

***I realize that they are addicting enough to consume much quicker than it will take to spoil, but would like some feedback otherwise.

couple years. My giant can has a late 2019 expiration date on it.

Wow, just found some in Austin…amazing!!!

Here is my favorite and I am not a cocktail person.

Bourbon - rye is the classic but I love the special four roses barrel select bourbons here 2oz

Dry Vermouth - a good one 1 oz No Martini and Rossi Dolin will work!

Amaro - I like Montenegro. Awesome and can be sipped if you want as a digestif. Amer Picon is the classic. It is unfindable stuff. Any Amaro that is very citrus in character will work 1/4 oz

Luxardo Marachino 1/4 oz

Orange peel with a little flesh for aromatics.

Large ice in shaker

A version of the Brooklyn cocktail and VERY nice. This is my kind of cocktail. Thanks Kevin for the introduction.