Loren Sonkin tell us about it

Loren,

Fill us in

http://www.SonkinCellars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congrats !

Probably only sold through PCLB at some astronomical prices. It will be known as “Loren’s Revenge”! [tease.gif]

is that nice ? I want to know about his wine, where is Loren ??? I didn’t notice his ITB before.

Otto, you be nice [pillow-fight.gif]

Maybe it will be sold in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame gift store [bow.gif]

I signed up and am looking forward to some additional details.

Good luck with the venture Loren.

Unlike me he is a harsh grader, I would not be surprised if he gives his wine something like: 50+3+9+9+4=75 neener [dance-clap.gif]

Thanks Carrie. We are going to intiailly (if all goes well) be making a blend of Whitehawk and Stolpman Syrah. This is the first vintage, so who knows what happens between now and then. We are making three barrels as we try to learn the wine business. I expect to learn quite a bit in the next few years. Thanks for the interest.

The Web Site, something else I have learned quite a bit about, but nothing compared to what I need to know, went live this week. I am hoping to see our mailing list slowly grow, but happily there has been some good resonse.

If you sign up for the list, the plan is to update those people, by e-mail, with details at key stages (i.e. harvest, bottling, etc.). One things I do know a lot about is what I like as a wine consumer/buyer and my hope is to have a very good (or better wine), fairly priced, with top customer service. Thanks again to all.

BTW, I doubt that the PLCB ever sees it. I am sure the Rock Hall will even if it is in my bag and snuck in. [dance-clap.gif]

Loren:
One tip on the web site…have an autoresponse set up for anyone filling out your web form.
Just have it say “Thanks for signing up - we received your info - here is what we have received so you can see we got your correct info and we will be back to you soon with news and updates.”

I filled out the form and have no idea if you got my info since there was no immediate feedback and haven’t heard anything since.

Ted

I got an email Ted.

I got “Thank You Ken, your information has been sent and you will be receiving a confirming message to the email address provided shortly.” [welldone.gif]

Also got the email.

Hi Ted,

EDIT: Ted, I tried to e-mail you and it bounced back to me. Can you PM me with your e-mail address or better, sign up again and see if you get a thank you generated? Thanks.

I guess we need to check for that.

I didn’t get any auto response or e-mail [cry.gif]

Update: just got it
[dance-clap.gif]

Calm down everyone…I was in such a rush and frenzy not to miss out on this latest cult list - I probably just entered my email incorrectly.
Just went back in a re-upped - and got a very nice reply from the automated response man…
Great service.
And I heard the wine was going to be priced for the Cleveland market. So maybe I will be able to afford it.
LeBron will be on the label and will be endorsing it. Loren/LeBron…don’t confuse them.

signed up!

Me too. Got my confirmation. I love the Whitehawk Vineyard, some great Syrah’s come from there. Congrats!!

Congrats !

I heard that it will be priced at more than some houses in the Cleveland area. $60/btl.

Me too!

Great talking to you yesterday. Best of luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Cheers!

Signed up too, 'cause I need more wine! [suicide.gif]

Maybe I did something wrong, I got a picture of Drew Carey flipping me off…