LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hamel Family Isthmus

5 Likes

That was fast, thanks!

Luke Skywalker = (Mark) Hamel (sp)
Power couple winemaker - Family
Strip of land - Isthmus

I was thinking Levy & McClelland but nothing (especially the price points) line up

Listed at 16%! Yeesh.

You were on the right track. I believe Martha McClellan is the winemaker for Isthmus.

1 Like

'18 Maze cabernet for $35, great price on this wine.

3 Likes

Anyone familiar with the Giacosa offer today? Can’t find a lot of info/reviews on this wine (CT looks mediocre), but there was one thread from a few years ago that the 2014 was a good buy (The puzzle of Bruno Giacosa Nebbiolo ? - #11 by Ken_V).

1 Like

LBW is showing the 2019 Bruno Giacosa Nebbiolo d’Alba, not the Valmaggiore. This wine is widely available for less than LBW has it today. I have not tasted this wine, but 2019 seems a strong vintage in the Langhe.

2 Likes

Was going to say much the same thing as Ken. I’d consider it for the Valmaggiore, not for this wine. I’ve loved the '19s I’ve had, think it should be an excellent vintage, but no interest in this wine at this price.

2 Likes

Imagine my surprise to see that LastBottle decided to ship my marathon bottles today. Temps in most of middle America are in the single digits and I already have sent bottles back to them due to them shipping in shit weather. I think I’m officially done with them.

2 Likes

I got my marathon wines about 10 days ago.

1 Like

Received mine Thursday in Northern California so all is Ok here. Was kind of wondering about the wait when I saw others getting theirs a couple weeks ago…

3 Likes

Had this a while ago - pop and pour - thought it was very good and good QPR

1 Like

any thoughts on Sleeper Beckstoffer To Kalon?

Tough for me to pull the trigger at that price point on an unknown entity, not knowing who the winemaker is, etc

1 Like

I have been happy with their Sleeper Reserves for the price level, so even though this was a step up I went in on two of these to try.

1 Like

You’ve gotta love the marketing hype on sites like this:

“Please know that we have almost NOTHING of this to sell, and it will go in a FLASH”

…meanwhile it’s still there a day later lol. That’s not to take away from the wine, I know nothing about it and $99 is a great price for a BTK cab (if it’s well-made), but it’s an expensive flyer to take, regardless of the urgent language.

You’ll probably see it again in a future marathon.

I agree, 100 bux just because it comes from To-kalon…

I know its a great vineyard… So is Meteor in Coombsville

$100 bottles is just not a place I fuck around and find out given the proven awesomeness of so many wines at that price. Fully agree, just would need more information. You wouldn’t want any wine I made just because it’s from BTK. Also, this is the first time I’ve ever noticed the abbreviation shares the initials of an infamous serial killer. BTK: serial killer of wallets.

2 Likes

Lawsuit against BPW.

Sleeper Cabernet???

2 Likes