LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I am hopeful that they made labels but did not ship. If my 14 pound box was shipped i will rage

1 Like

Yeah, I wasnā€™t able to sit around the house all day waiting for it and I canā€™t even request a hold with UPS mychoice. I emailed Lastbottle asking them to pull the shipment back because of the potential freezing of these bottles.

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m in the same boat. I got an email last Wednesday saying that a shipping label had been printed, and I emailed Last Bottle immediately asking if they could hold my shipment because of the record cold that was expected.

I got a reply from Last Bottle saying that my bottles had already shipped, and that I should contact them if something doesnā€™t look right when the wine arrives. So not super helpful.

1 Like

Omfg that is dumb. Thatā€™s also not how they say their marathon shipping works

This is a common theme throughout this 11 yr old thread. Take the time and look. Itā€™s free shipping on their terms.

3 Likes

FWIW, any time Iā€™ve bought Marathon stuff, I make sure to put ā€œweather holdā€ in the comments section in the order, and Iā€™ve never had a problem.

3 Likes

This isnā€™t marathon shipping. Itā€™s the bottles that I bought in the days after it ended. I canā€™t hold things on my end with UPS so LastBottle can deal with it at this point. Idiotic company

1 Like

Hamel Family Isthmus

5 Likes

That was fast, thanks!

Luke Skywalker = (Mark) Hamel (sp)
Power couple winemaker - Family
Strip of land - Isthmus

I was thinking Levy & McClelland but nothing (especially the price points) line up

Listed at 16%! Yeesh.

You were on the right track. I believe Martha McClellan is the winemaker for Isthmus.

1 Like

'18 Maze cabernet for $35, great price on this wine.

3 Likes

Anyone familiar with the Giacosa offer today? Canā€™t find a lot of info/reviews on this wine (CT looks mediocre), but there was one thread from a few years ago that the 2014 was a good buy (The puzzle of Bruno Giacosa Nebbiolo ? - #11 by Ken_V).

1 Like

LBW is showing the 2019 Bruno Giacosa Nebbiolo dā€™Alba, not the Valmaggiore. This wine is widely available for less than LBW has it today. I have not tasted this wine, but 2019 seems a strong vintage in the Langhe.

2 Likes

Was going to say much the same thing as Ken. Iā€™d consider it for the Valmaggiore, not for this wine. Iā€™ve loved the '19s Iā€™ve had, think it should be an excellent vintage, but no interest in this wine at this price.

2 Likes

Imagine my surprise to see that LastBottle decided to ship my marathon bottles today. Temps in most of middle America are in the single digits and I already have sent bottles back to them due to them shipping in shit weather. I think Iā€™m officially done with them.

2 Likes

I got my marathon wines about 10 days ago.

1 Like

Received mine Thursday in Northern California so all is Ok here. Was kind of wondering about the wait when I saw others getting theirs a couple weeks agoā€¦

3 Likes

Had this a while ago - pop and pour - thought it was very good and good QPR

1 Like

any thoughts on Sleeper Beckstoffer To Kalon?