LA MACDONALD Dinner 12/15/22 - 10 VINTAGES (The most complete vertical tasting yet)

This will all work out on the headcount!

2 Likes

Is there a way to start a Waiting List for this event, in case someone drops out?

If so, my buddy, Joe Campano, would love to join.

He has '17-'19 I believe, but can also bring some good Champs as well if we are good on the Mac wines…

Yes, good idea for us to start a waiting list but we are still going to need everyone to bring a bottle of MacDonald (unless they want to bring a bottle of Salon or Selosse :blush:)

Waiting list is already in the attendance list

This dinner sounds epic! Wish I can join, but I’m in NorCal…
Even with a flight across country and getting a hotel, this event is cheaper than getting the wines from all the vintages in the secondary market, even if you have to buy one bottle to attend!

1 Like

FYI - an opportunity to attend this dinner with my bottle at my cost is up over in the charity raffle thread in the Wine Talk forum

Damn being focused on work and missing next phase of this. should be a spectacular night #jealousimissed

Jeff, we can add you to the wait list if you like. Good chance a spot will open up.

Brent please do! i can bring 2011 on

and i am fairly local (Burbank)

1 Like

Update for everyone:

The restaurant (BOA) has a deposit which has already been paid, and, per the contract, in the month of December, if an event is canceled within 45 days of the date of the event (Dec 15) the cancellation fee will equal the food and beverage minimum quoted’, which, in our case, is $2500!

That said, I’ll need firm commitments from everyone INCLUDING deposits, to hold your spot, as the f&b minimum will need to be spent regardless, basically by the end of this month. I’m on the hook for the whole thing come Oct 31

Please send $100 deposits to hold your spot to me, via Venmo at todd-french-2 or Zelle at todd@winberserkers.com - I will track these and adjust the totals accordingly during the event, crediting all with their deposits as paid. This is not refundable, so if you want to come, but later find out you cannot, you’ll want to hit the waitlist and swap out the deposit with another person. DEPOSITS DUE TO HOLD YOUR SPOT BY OCT 30 OR I HAVE TO TAP INTO THE WAITLIST

VINTAGES!!! We need some help with 2011 and 2012 - we have plenty 2013 onward, and I’ll finish assigning wines later, but if you have access to swap with a friend/colleague for 2011 or 2012 that will be helpful. I know @jeffruggels has 2011 and up so he should immediately move to the top of the waitlist :smiley: Let me know if you have access to those. The raffle winner - @Scott_Wanamaker - has 2010 forward so that’s helpful - he will fill at least one of the spots, depending on what Alex and Graeme can come up with in those early vintages.

3 Likes

I had dinner with another wine group last night at Boa in the private area in the back. The food was great, the space is awesome, and the private area will accommodate 20 people so we are in good shape! And yes, please send your deposits in to Todd!

2 Likes

@ToddFrench :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Venmo to Todd done.

Yup, and you are marked as such on the sheet

(I’m keeping public record of deposits received on the sheet linked above, for those who want to see)

Todd, payment sent. Thank you

1 Like

Payment just sent via Venmo

1 Like

Have everybody paid thus far marked on the sheet

Waiting on:

@blarmston
@Scott_McDonald
@Kevin_Lloyd
@Brent_S and Ralph Canada
@jordan_jacobs

Sent via Zelle

2 Likes

Still waiting on the following deposits, please let me know, so I can start utilizing the waitlist if I don’t get deposit confirmations - next step will be assigning vintages

@blarmston
@jordan_jacobs

I need to know if you still plan on the event, and if so, send the deposit to lock your space. I am responsible for the full fare in 5 days