LA MACDONALD Dinner 12/15/22 - 10 VINTAGES (The most complete vertical tasting yet)

Available and would love to attend. Can contribute '15-'18 if there is room.

Cheers,

Steve

1 Like

Iā€™d like to participate.

I can bring an '18 or '19 or, possibly, an older vintage.

1 Like

Ok, so we have the following as confirmed:

Todd French and ā€˜the bossā€™ (his wife)
@Brent_S
@T_Turney
@Steve_Anderson
@Jonathan_Matz
@Bhershman
@Jboonsook
@Glen_Gold
@Kevin_Lloyd
@MikeHill
@C_Wong (possible)
@BillK
@Andre_M
@Scott_McDonald
@jordan_jacobs
@blarmston
@Scott_Wanamaker
Ralph Canada
Alex and Graeme

That brings the count to 21 - OFFICIALLY STARTING A WAITLIST.

WAITLIST:
@jeffruggels
@Derek_P

As for stems, we can bring our own (I prefer this, most of the time), and we can have decanting requirements as well for all participants, as weā€™ll need it for many/most of these wines.

3 Likes

Hi Todd,

As indicated in a previous post, Iā€™d like to participate, if thereā€™s a spot for me.

3 Likes

And as indicated I canā€™t come that day.

2 Likes

Headcount post updated with Scott and Peterā€™s reply

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for confirming! Working now on reserving Boa.

4 Likes

Sounds perfect - I think boa is a great spot

1 Like

If itā€™s not too late, Iā€™d love to join as well.
Can bring ā€˜14-ā€˜18, and a ā€˜19 if it arrives by then.

2 Likes

Good news Brian. We had 17 people confirmed and Boa informed us that they can accommodate about 18 so yes you are in. Iā€™m going to sign the contract and put up the deposit tomorrow.

5 Likes

I am about to reserve an Airbnb and want to confirm the plan for BOA Steakhouse in Manhattan Beach and not at one of their other locations.

1 Like

Perfect!

I have a buddy here in San Diego who would also be interested in coming up, so please let me know if someone falls off or if we end up getting a larger space.

Thanks Brentā€¦

2 Likes

I just sent the paperwork in and my credit card information. Boa Steakhouse in Manhattan Beach on 12/15 at 7pm! Yes, go ahead and book your travel. If you need hotel advice, let me know as I live in the area. One to check out, The Belamar, is directly across the street.

Iā€™ll let Alex and Graeme know - now we have to start figuring out who is bringing what. Iā€™ll start a spreadsheet, and also I asked Alex and Graeme if they might ship the '19s by then as that would be super helpful in this dinner

Also, while I said we should be careful about ā€˜plus onesā€™ my wife found out about this and now wants to attend, so I might have to add one or wait for a drop.

1 Like

Started a Google Sheet, only assigned one so far, as @Jonathan_Matz is the first to state he has 2012. If you are on the headcount list above please fill in your vintages in the third column and Iā€™ll work on assignments thereafter

2 Likes

Someone is viewing the sheet and canā€™t edit. Can you put me down for 2017? Thank you.

I will, but I did change it to allow editing

3 Likes

I am in and would love to attend.
Thanks
Jordan

2 Likes

2012 is confirmed on my end - thanks!!!

1 Like

Hey all - weā€™re good on 2013 forward, need to secure one more bottle of 2011 and 2012, so do let us know if you have it, either post here or directly in the Google Doc

2 Likes