Jancis Robinson - The long story of Jasud Estate

I believe this is free. Great article. So HAPPY for Ketan!

9 Likes

How common is it for new winemakers to use other budwood, and are there legal ramifications? Budwood isn’t patented or trademarked… so does that freely happen?

I’m sure I said it with my trip reports, but if you’re not on the list you may be waiting a while to get these wines. Good to see Ketan getting press. It’s well earned.

3 Likes

Yep! You can all thank me now or later :slight_smile:

The Lisa Perrotti-Brown scores and article and this have REALLY blown up the mailing list.

I am very happy all the press focuses on how the wines are very unique and un-Napa like.

1 Like

Why would people be thanking you for Ketan getting well-deserved press?

Not for the press for alerting this board to him several years ago.

3 Likes

And a little birdie told me there’s offers imminent.

3 Likes

Well earned press and review. Selfishly disappointed that more and more people are hearing about Ketan and the mountain!

1 Like

I read about it here, probably from Robert’s post and eventually got around to visiting after buying for a few cycles. Once you’ve visited Ketan you’ll have a hard time NOT buying from him. Ketan is about as good of a man as you’ll meet anywhere. The story of what he had to do to bring the vineyard online and then get through the glass fire is amazing. I’m rooting for him to succeed and can’t wait to squirrel away as much Jasud as he will sell me.

2 Likes

It’s a very good article. I’m amused by the road description, which is accurate (I also got lost when my friend Steven and I visited last year), and I’d say the description of the guy himself aligns with the impressions I had - a really good, really driven guy. Clearing all those acres? Planting all those vines by hand? Can’t fathom it. I trimmed back my Pride of Madeira this morning and I was exhausted.

3 Likes

I’ve been buying for about 4-5 years and if all goes to plan, will finally be tasting with him on Wednesday afternoon! :smiley:

That is fantastic! Please report back. I know he is in the thick of harvest.

3 Likes

Good to know! Probably not the best time to visit (schedules didn’t align for another time, unfortunately), but hopefully that means we can give him a well-deserved break during the day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blink twice if I need to keep my phone on me during golf Monday.

Are her scores proprietary? I read the article and saw she clearly loved the wines but didn’t know how that shook out when quantifying them.

All the Jasud wines were rated 17.5-18 out of 20.

Beta wines were rated 16 to 17.5.

Lupina 19 was a standout. Loved it when I tasted it back in Feb with Ketan.

3 Likes

Indeed very soon!

2 Likes

Lupina was the best 19 i tasted out of his lots. All great but lupina was extraordinary

3 Likes

Cant agree more!

1 Like

nice pics;
The Lone Hibiscus - The Wine Independent

3 Likes