It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Round-Up

College? But last time I saw her she was… Oh forgetaboutit!

Intrigued. Could be a good excuse for a little trip or a long trip. Count me tentatively in.

Kewl

Brian - I would love to make this. Please put me down as a maybe. I have some older Carlisle to choose from. I need to dig but I am pretty sure I also have older Turley Hayne Vineyard.

How old is old vine? Does Palisades work (planted in the 60’s)?

Planning a Loire Valley trip most likely starting on August 30th, we’ll catch up in October.

Cheers

I’ll put your name in the hopper.
7610E435-F3EC-4993-A068-65D9F39D0AD9.jpeg

I am in if you got space.

There’s always room for you Vamsi!

Awesome!!!

Updated OP bump.

Confirming Dana & Mike. Coming up Friday.

champagne.gif

Looks like the 31st is a no go for me.

Have fun all!

Bummer.

Too bad Cris. Looks like we’re good here. Making arrangements now.

Brian - A neighbor passed and I will be going to a memorial service that weekend. Hope I can make it next time! Thanks for the offer.

Awesome, are you bringing your better half as well?

Sorry to hear that Ian. I’ll be sure to rattle your chain next time.

Brian please do. And if you find yourself down in the Santa Cruz area please get in touch. Would love to have you come up to the farm and crack some bottles with you!

Time to nail down some details.
Wines- Lets do a mix, 2013’s and some free for all wild cards. Love to find the surprises in the wild cards.
Food (main)- I will always go for the grill. I can bring a couple nice Flannery Hangers to toss on the grill.
Food (sides/apps)- traveling so easier for us to do meats/cheese/olives. Can also buy some sides if you have a go to place.
Anything planned for Friday night?

I’ve got a load of Flannery in the freeze as well. Hangers, Strips, Rib-Eyes, Jorges… sides I’ll handle. I’m up for jumping into 2013 as well. I have a few older wines to check in on as well but as far as theme I like how you think.

On the radar:
‘05 Scherrer Old and Mature
‘99 Ravenswood Old Hill
‘04 Tofanelli Zinfandel
‘13 Scherrer OMV
‘13 Bedrock Monte Rosso
‘13 Bedrock Carlisle
‘13 Carlisle Rossi Ranch

Nothing planned for Friday, yet.