Is Avocado Toast just...avocado on toast?

The avocado aficionados were expecting parent-like service from the staff. [stirthepothal.gif]

The meetings that must have taken place to convince the AA exec’s that they needed a trolley serving avocado toast in lounges, must have been something.

“No really, avocado on toast from a cart will be a game changer for us”

I had not flown first class since I was 10 years old and never have access to these lounges. I just figured this is how the 1% live, avocado toast carts everywhere they go.

Avocado toast carts will be popping up on every corner. This is the future of trendy neighbourhood food trucks.

Isn’t it just guacamole on toast instead of on Doritos?

That upscale re-presentation validates the diner, and drives the aforementioned profit margin, especially when the toast is bread saved from the prior-evening dinner service.

Hmmmm that sounds good!!!

Man are you going to be upset when you hear about the cost of production at all your favorite noodle joints.

What’s next avocado ice cream??

I’ve had that.

Avocado sausages, that would be new.

Had that, too. YUM!

I was being a smart ass. My dad’s from the Philippines. When we were growing up he made avocado ice cream; avocado shakes; a cold dessert of ripe avocado chunks, lime juice, and condensed milk;even avocado on pan de sal bread, but we would sprinkle a little sure on it and have it more like a jam. Up until the last decade or so everyone thought it was freaky. Same with sweet corn ice cream or cheese ice cream.

I like avocado toast, especially with some additional toppings. Squirl has a good one. But it shouldn’t cost more than $10-12.

Yup, same with US-grown friends who traveled to the Philippines and the sweet corn ice cream and halo-halo dessert made of cut-up vegetables and iced-milk grossed them out.

But, just as I did, they loved the avocado ice cream.

So, avocado on pan de sal bread? You being punished by your dad?

If not for his profligate avocado consumption, he could have been a billionaire! [wink.gif]

It IS a fruit. A little sugar sprinkled on and it isn’t bad.
2B2C8856-D06C-49E1-97B2-E90F8F35DDF9.jpeg

Easy to forget that it is indeed a fruit, especially when you have to sprinkle sugar on it to get any fruity taste out of it.

Tomato is a fruit as well. Someone offers me tomato ice cream, I’ll laugh in their face as required.

Dolly Madison liked oyster ice cream. Bet you’d rather have tomato

Avocado toast was one of the first things i was able to eat once i could start eating again. No avocado toast and getting out the feeding tube would have been significantly delayed. Still one of my favorite things to eat. Had some this morning with scrambled eggs with conecuh and jalopenos.
Here is one of my favorite ways to do it. Daves killer bread, avocado, jalopeno, fried egg with sriracha.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553d.jpg

Never had tomato jam?

I love ice cream. It is one of the last, or very last, individual food item that I would give up. Ever had foie gras ice cream? Delicious. Uni? Good. I will say that I had some lobster ice cream on Martha’s Vineyard that was not good. A big part of that was the texture, with chunks of lobster. But homogenous ice cream can be made of all sorts of stuff.