Is Avocado Toast just...avocado on toast?

Yes on the jam. I’ve even made bacon jam at home.

Will still reject tomato ice cream with all my might.

Love cheese ice cream, can enjoy corn ice cream or halo halo but I don’t seek it out.

Had avocado on an English muffin this am. Is that avocado toast?

JD

Depends - is a hamburger a sandwich?

Yes, but is a hot dog a sandwich

Well, a flute without holes is not a flute. A donut without a hole is a danish… a wise proverb.

JD

Lettuce. BLT ice cream completes it.

This one’s for Victor:

Boy oh boy! And it’s VEGAN too!
Avocado Toast.jpg

Bad spelling.

avacado = vegan avocado

You can put almost anything on and in it, or nothing at all, like a burger. The $15 one above is $15 because it has shrimp. You could make beluga 000 caviar avocado toast with foie gras and gold flakes and charge $500 for it and someone will buy it, or it will at least make a YouTube hit. In the end the base idea is just avocado spread on toast. As usual the culinary and carnival worlds take ordinary foods to fun, weird and extreme (and ridiculous) places.

But toast doesn’t = vegan toast.

Or the bread is buttered, or it comes with an egg, or…

Live yeasts are fed fattening sugars, made drunk as sailors on dry land, and finally subjected to utterly horrible heat, in order to make bread. [cry.gif]

This is in response to recent suggestions that avocados, almonds, and other crops are not vegan due to reliance on mobile bee hives to pollinate. Obviously these things are vegan, but the commercial farming of these crops due require bees to be brought in, which reportedly reduces the lifespan of the bees. Just depends on how far you want to take your avoidance of animal agriculture.

My comment about “vegan avocados” was in response to Victor’s disappointment in the spelling on the restaurant signboard… avacado

Missed that. Sorry!

Oh my goodness…I’ve never heard of that (the vegan part…not the bringing in bees part…my folks are apple growers). That’s insanity.