Is Avocado Toast just...avocado on toast?

I do remember a popular sandwich with the thick bacon rolled in pea flour at the Toronto public market. Quite good, although I expected/hoping for a bolder flavor from the sandwich.

Sounds delicious - without the avocado

At home.

$1.50 for the avocado from the corner fruit cart.
Two slices of raisin cinnamon toast, from a loaf costing $3.50.

My bad, I missed that somehow. But actually you can have on top, a toasted sandwich. Unhook, sorry for missing it.

Deduct 10 points for the raisin cinnamon…

The coffee shop near me serves it with a fried egg on top. Since that’s the only place I’ve had it I always assumed that was standard. It’s good.

I make it at home with avocado, pickled red onion, a touch of soy sauce, a tiny drop of sesame oil, thinly sliced cucumber, salt and rice seasoning sprinkled on top. It’s delicious. There are a zillion variations.

A dollar fitty?!?!?! My god, man, I can get them for 99¢ out here in Westchester!!! It’s like you’re literally flushing money down the toilet!

And cinnamon raisin bread?!?! Are you mental?!?! [pwn.gif]

No biggie. Just pointing out that great minds think alike. [highfive.gif]

Avoiding Westchester means that the city avocado is worth $3.50 each. [snort.gif]
Yes, who ever heard of cinnamon or raisins in a savory dish. Oh, wait,…

Gasp!!! You hating on frugality!!! So sad!!!

Sugar also used in many savory recipes. Why don’t you sprinkle some of that on top of your overpriced avocado? You wouldn’t evvn have to buy the sugar as many establishments put them out, gratis, for cost-sensitive customers to enjoy at their hearts’ content.

Yu welcom.

Just as how my shop slings extra but totally free locavore meats [stirthepothal.gif] into your noodle soups, carried out for enjoyment back in luxurious Westchester. [wow.gif]

We do it a bunch of different ways. One of our favorites is grilled bread, avocado smear once the bread has cooled a little, roasted golden beets for a little sweetness and nice flaky salt. Usually pair with gruner, champ or sancerre.

Clearly I live in a food desert — I had to google yuzu.

our golf club has it on the menu as we want to so LA, LOL

it’s terrible!

bay shrimp in a creamy asian sauce on an avocado is so much better

another LA F UP

I don’t know, my 3 year old grandson Pierce asks for Nolita to fix it just about to very time he is over, just call it yummy!!

And there was this:

Love avocado toast at home. Thinly sliced radish is a good addition.

We recently few business class out of SF and were in the AA Executive Lounge. They announced over the loudspeaker that an avocado toast station would be starting shortly. Watching people berate the woman making avocado toast from a cart in the airport lounge – for not putting on enough avocado or spreading it correctly – was the quintessential douche/elitist moment. Really hard to watch.

What is wrong with people??

Hangriness.