I don't need any more wine

I’m at 1800, down from 2000 and ultimate goal is 1500. My cellar was designed for this amount and needless to say it is bursting at the seams. Have to admit it has been very difficult. I continue to receive and read countless email teases from dozens of retailers, wineries, and god knows who else. If I had any brains at all I would unsubscribe but I am a glutton for punishment.
Still drinking and enjoying though and very glad I have a pretty broad, maturing cellar. Funny how if you skip a must have today, tomorrow will bring another. Never ends.

I make it a zero sum game because of storage (some force needs to intervene). Send some to your local 501c3, have a party, reduce a large amount to do a Thomas Keller short rib recipe or do the Bill Buford braise recipe. I have even reduced and frozen the result for future meals. You must use a “balanced approach”. Whatever you use (save), you can spend. Mike

Other than making wine I have had an odd year interacting with something I love and basically have not bought a bottle of wine other than daily drinkers since April. Was at a crazy, crazy tasting about a month ago pouring in a VIP room where our $75 bottle of wine was the least expensive wine in the room. My table mate was pouring 2006 Gaja Sori Tildin. The weren’t nearly enough people to absorb all the wines being poured (2004 Cristal, 2009 Beaucastel Cuvée Perrin, Lafite from mag, etc.) so I happily enjoyed about a half bottle of the Gaja and found out it is still available in our market. It broke the celibate months. Good to be back on the horse. We do have an off site locker now to take up the space that our wine cellar can’t accommodate. I get what people are saying though. You can’t buy forever.

My problem described perfectly.

Everybody needs more 2010 Faiveley Corton CdC. Even Justin Bonner.

Would you like them
in a house?
Would you like them
with a mouse?

Would you drink them
in a box?
Would you drink them
with a fox?

I’m thinking of limiting my 2013 purchases (those I inventory) to something like 4 cases. This would work my overall # down and still give me the “thrill of the hunt”. It might even make it more interesting. Has anyone tried this approach?

Yes, Eddie. Didn’t work. Too many keepers early in the year followed by irresistible offers after catching the limit.

Having all the EP tastings and offers in Jan isn’t ideal!

You do need more wine. You do need more wine. You do need more wine.

great thread Neal.
I am in total agreement but bought a case of Soldera yesterday…couldn’t resist

And I bought champagne, which is what lead to the thread. An absolutely ridiculous purchase and now I am wondering if I should have bought a couple of more bottles

I dont need any more either, but, between friends, Neal, what Champagne and where did you get it…

And I bought champagne, which is what lead to the thread. An absolutely ridiculous purchase and now I am wondering if I should have bought a couple of more bottles

What Loren said - please do tell. [cheers.gif]

Ha! I bought some of the 05 Agrapart Blanc de Blancs Avizoise in stock at PC. I’ve had their 7 crus, which is an exceptional value, but I’ve never bought up-range.

Yes, Agrapart is one of the producers with some buzz. I went there already!

O, reason not the need. Our basest beggars are in poorest things superfluous.
Allow not nature more than nature needs, Man’s life were cheap as beast’s.

Maureen, seems like a target rich environment of people for you to hit up for the next Heart Association auction.

I don’t need any more either. And yesterday I bought more. To add insult to injury, most of what I bought was French and Italian. Pathetic.

I don’t need any more, but there are many more that I want! :astonished: