How Many Different Wines Do You Have in Your Cellar?

The problem with my husband is he buys as much as I do.

4 Likes

I canā€™t find the bottom.

CT says 1133, but that was pre-COVID when we started screwing up, and it excludes all the stuff in Waiting List #1 (cellar floor), Waiting List #2 (the three racks outside the cellar door), Waiting List #3 (boxes on the basement floor waiting to get into the cellar), and Waiting list #4 (bottles I put in the big black tub on the basement floor so I do not kick them over). Hopefully, we will put a dent in it tomorrow (Thanksgiving).

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my spouse, which has become a serious issue since she has discovered that she can buy wine at auction without ever leaving her iPad and we can pick it up at Zachys, which is only 10 minutes from our house, and then we go to Zachys to pick it up and they offered her a free taste of Guado al Tasso, so we had to get one of those. At least Zachys decided to charge for the champagne extravaganza this year so weā€™re not going to go. Last year it cost us 12 bottles.

1 Like

473 out of 1209 (definitely more since havenā€™t totally reconciled cellar)

587, didnā€™t think to really look at that number until reading this thread

482, out of roughly 1k bottles total

that :wink:

1 Like

Me me me!! I hope he never sees this website and realizes how much wine we really haveā€¦.

4 Likes

747 dif
2246 total

Iā€™m meant to be getting that 2246 down to 1800 and I have just realized how much I am failing

I was gonna sayā€”the sub-categorization of ā€œballah-eligibleā€ is surely in place :grin:

748 of 1772

Hoping to drink/consolidate my way to ~600 of ~1500

Impressed by responses here, I did the math on my collection. Itā€™s not very diverse in comparison to the apparent standards of this community - about one-third of the wines only are different from others. Itā€™s been said that collectors of ā€œfine wineā€ are anomalous consumers. Weā€™re willing to plop down serious change on products weā€™ve never even experienced. The posts on this thread are a testament to this.

1 Like

My long term partner definitely thinks Iā€™m crazy, but perks of being unmarried and having separate finances includes purchasing freedom. Plus I bribe him with champagne and CA reds :blush: The wine is taking up more and more of our tiny basement though.

I checked and I have 328 bottles of 208 wines, and I started collecting this year.

3 Likes

Roughly 1100 different wines. A lot of burg singletons.

535, apparently ā€¦ seems like too many, tbh

Also when I look through it, in this view, I really donā€™t know why I have some wines. Why do I have like 15 different Brunellos or domestic syrahs when I havenā€™t opened a single one of either in more than a year?

759 bottles across 305 wines so a similar 2.5 bottles ratio I see several others have. I have a few bottlings of 10 each and have no desire to have more than that. However I feel like my tail end is too long though (115 singular bottles or 38% of unique wines). Wondering how that compares to everyone else?

1 Like

2,764 bottles and 27 pending in 910 wines

453 total across 271 different winesā€¦ Still a ā€œSmall Cellarā€ by most standards :rofl:

870 different wines 2300 bottles around 140 different wineries/producers

476 different bottlings out of 1534 wines total.

Taking out single bottles, the totals are 258 bottlings out of 1316 total.

I did find it fascinating going through this thread and as a rough guess, 75% of respondents have an average of about 3 bottles per wine. Expand that to a range of 2-4 and itā€™s probably >90%.

2 Likes