Falltacular 'Excess Inventory' Auctions posted in Commerce Corner! (raising more money for Laura's House)

Most of you, if not all, have heard of Falltacular, as it has earned near-cult status here on Wine Berserkers, thanks to the tireless efforts of @Frank_Murray_III and his mighty army of helpers.

(For those that do not, here is the latest in the long line of Falltacular events - Falltacular 2024 - Saturday, February 17, San Juan Capistrano, CA)

Frank raises money for a truly incredible organization at these events - Laura’s House - https://www.laurashouse.org (I encourage you to see the wonderful work they do, take a look if you aren’t familiar) and this year he had the idea that we auction off the excess wine - all generously donated by the wineries themselves - here on Wine Berserkers (via Commerce Corner) to raise even MORE money for Laura’s House!

I will be posting these auction lots today on Commerce Corner, with recognized names such as Carlisle, Sandler, Tercero, Loring, Sojourn, and dozens more. ALL successful bids for each lot will be 100% tax deductible, as payments are made directly to Laura’s House for the hammer price. Shipping will be handled separately by the successful bidder(s) on each lot won, and is not tax deductible, only the auction lots are.

We will run these through Feb 22 at 5pm Pacific, with hard close on all bids at that time.

I will cover shipping costs for all winners of the lots, within the contiguous US as an additional incentive to bidders, to bid even higher on each lot.

Let’s gooooooo!!!

3 Likes

Thank you Todd for doing this support for us! We appreciate it!:facepunch:

All posted in Commerce Corner and linked at the bottom of the OP!

Wow, there is something for everyone in those lots, killer juice throughout.

Just saw auctions close this Thursday

Off to CC, follow me!

Our auction is going to close on Thursday, and several lots have multiple bids–thank you. 2 lots are still without bids so if you have not looked at all 12 lots yet, please do that for us.

Every $ we raise on these 12 lots will go directly to Laura’s House. www.laurashouse.org

Every one of these lots will help intervene to shelter and protect, legally represent and counsel families that are fleeing domestic violence, someone whose life we might help save.

Thank you everyone.

3 Likes

Tick tock folks . . .

Great wines donated by a bunch of winemakers for a great cause

Cheers

this is Wine Berserkers, home of snipers…

Good morning everyone. Auction closes at 5PM today on the 12 lots. This is a hard close as it’s governed by the clock so bid as you like but know that the threads will lock at that time.

Once they lock, Todd will post a message into each thread, which includes a special link to be used for payment. The link is unique as it will help Laura’s House capture the payment and attach it to our Falltacular work. And, I will work with Todd to facilitate shipping your box of wine to you (as he is covering the shipping cost). For local winners, I’ll figure out a way to get your wines dropped off and avoid shipping if we can.

Again, thank you all for helping us to help Laura’s House and their mission.

The auctions have closed and thanks to the gang below, we raised another $3,175 for Laura’s House. This kind of support is key for them, as it puts real cash into their efforts, and it directly benefits real people who are fleeing violence. @Margaret_Bayston

I want to also thank @ToddFrench, for both providing the admin help to create and steer these 12 lots, and also to cover the shipping costs to move these wines to the new owners. Frenchie, thank you!

Here are the winners, and to you, thank you!

@Sean_Kennedy
@Paul_Hiyake
@tpetty
@Ann_Brown
@grovertrask
@T_Melloni
@James_Mc
@Nate_Simon
@Peter_G

3 Likes

Crap, someone outbid me.

Yeah. I didn’t get notifications for the one I bid on. Bummer. Looks like it got bid up plenty without my help anyway.