Fall 23 shipping season

Always fun to reflect on what’s coming in soon, as well as the inevitable thread drift to ‘here’s why FedEx / UPS suck’.

Received Bucklin and Bedrock today. Bedrock box, as usual, had a single strip of tape across the bottom, attached approximately 1/2" up each side and was nearly falling off. This is par for the course and I’m continually amazed that I haven’t had a box in transit open up at the bottom yet.

1 Like

Let the shipping season begin! I just sent out some emails today about resuming shipping to some states. Next week looks awesome for shipping especially to the upper tier states. This is a map of high temperatures forecast for Monday, 10/16.

3 Likes

Received Tercero. It was very well packaged. Others in shipment. My office randomly is closing for 2 weeks starting Monday for reno so that was fun for everyone to rearrange the shipments to November.

2 Likes

Received Ridge and 1 case from Wine Bid. Still waiting for Tensley and Andrew Murray to show up.

4 Likes

My Ramey box had to be carried upside down as the bottom tape had failed. Why wineries won’t use two silly pieces of tape is beyond me.

6 Likes

Luckily, I haven’t had that problem yet. But you’ve brought it to my mind and I’ll definitely pay attention now.

2 Likes

3 pack Andremily White arrived great condition.

2 Likes

Just received Goodfellow yesterday. Had been in the truck for 12 hours, but bottles were fine enough. Not cool, but not warm.

1 Like

Received Walter Scott last week.

Upcoming this fall:

• William & Mary
  • Kinsman Eades
  • Realm
  • Beta
  • Vice Versa
  • Vineyardist
  • Tench Vineyards
  • Lerner Project
3 Likes

One case of Loersch wines from Panzer just arrived. Within the next week I’m expecting 10 more cases (mostly Bedrock, Goodfellow, and stuff from various wine retailers). I’ll also have 3 cases of wines from Lopa and another from Panzer to ship out later this month.

I’m so not ready.

You and me both buddy! I ran out of room last year, yet continue to buy without securing more storage. The basement floor is looking crazy these days…

7 Likes

Got a case from Once and Future and one from Under the Wire sparkling

I have 2 cases sent via Fedex ground from Saratoga that got all the way to ATL, then rode around in trucks here a couple days, then headed back north.
3 emails to Saratoga since last weekend, still no reply. As of today they are all the way back in upstate NY.

I’m more pissed that Saratoga has not deigned to address the issue this week at all than I am that Fedex is F-ing around.

Second time this has happened: Had a half-case from Saratoga that messed up in May- same story: went to ATL, rode trucks around the city several times, never delivered, then was sent all the way back to Albany area.

Saratoga looked at the bottles, pronounced them “fine” and REsent them all the way back to the ATL. Are they “fine” really? I guess I’ll get to find out.

If these guys are going to make a name in pre-arrival fine wine, they need to improve their customer service and their shipping/fulfillment.

1 Like

After a couple of similar episodes (not with Saratoga), I started having everything shipped to a FedEx Office location. No more missed deliveries etc. And unlike UPS, there’s no additional charge for this. Highly recommended if it’s an option for you.

4 Likes

Phew - glad it got there when it did!

Cheers

1 Like

I started doing this a few years ago and it saves me so much headache when it comes to my orders being delivered. Best part is the trucks usually deliver to the storefronts in the early am

2 Likes

Im getting about 5 cases worth of wine im worried about where im going to store it all

• Realm
  • Vice Versa
  • Di Costanzo
  • Beta
  • William & Mary
  • Vincent
  • Goodfellow
  • Multiple burgundies from Ansonia
1 Like

Is this the place where we brag/lament pending bottles? I’m in Texas so a few more weeks until I think the shipping window will safely open but I’m sitting on 305 bottles at the moment.

3 Likes

About UPS, I was told they don’t let you reroute alc to their stores? Has anyone else had luck with this?

I did it just this past week with my Ramey.

1 Like