Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

wait, Envoyer sells champagne?

neener

That is indeed how I learned about Envoyer. By the way this latest cellar is pretty nice [wink.gif]

im starin down these Barisones I got an email about today. pretty sure this is gonna happen for a couple bottles

I went for a couple.

I couldnā€™t think of any good reasons to passā€¦ :astonished:

im right there with ya. hopefully I got to them in time. they said they had quite a few though right?

So I wonder if these Barisones are THESE Barisones??? Probably same source?

Thanks for that Brad. Unlikely to be the same source, Iā€™d think, given that Mannyā€™s offer was in 2013, but sounds like the same wine.

Been away from this thread for a few days -

1. FWIW, I donā€™t recall ever just not getting an answer, from Envoyer or anyone else. I hate getting bad news, but I appreciate them (and others) taking the time to tell me ā€œnoā€ rather than leaving me hanging.

2. I just asked Greg again, and true to #1 above, the answer is that on this one batch of wines where I havenā€™t heard, itā€™s because they are still trying to lock their allocation down between their supplier and the domaine.

3. I passed on the Barisones, though I was sorely tempted. Solely because my Barolo section is overflowing by too much at the moment (overflowing in the sense of physical space available, not desire).

4. I bit on the Burg cellar offer. Most were well out of my price range, but I asked for one of the Jadot Beze. Replied as soon as I saw it, which was something like 18 minutes after the time stamp. Shut out (and so informed fairly promptly).

5. I only found out about Envoyer thanks to you all, for which Iā€™m grateful, so I canā€™t in good conscience support imposing the ā€œShhhhā€ rule only now that Iā€™m in the door.

Cheers!

+1 to #5, Dave!

I grabbed a few jadot, decent deals

get the beze? killer wine. Asked, but no go

Nah, tbh I didnā€™t even see it on the list. Iā€™m a big fan of jadot volnay.

damn. i was too slow!

or are yall too fastā€¦?

I havenā€™t heard from them but SURELY Heaven wouldnā€™t do me like that

I got shut out of the Barisones. I only asked for one bottle, but I think I replied later than all of you.

I answered in 11 minutes. We shall see

I responded for a single bottle in 12 minutes and got rejected.

dang I feel a little better now. i got the impression from the email that he had quite a few. either Neal requested 2 cases or i read the email wrong. lol

I requested 2 of the Barisone, as its a birth year wine. I responded 1 minute after I got it, but heard nothing yet.