Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

Sometimes it can take a 3-4 weeks. Sometimes it is on the water and they know exactly what they have coming. I have faith in their system. Saying that, they have delivered on every order. I think I have 30+ pending orders currently. At times they need confirmation from their international supply on orders. I would suspect that occasionally they get a higher request then expected and are trying to up their allocation. There are some wines I requested back in March that they just need to wait until they are bottled to confirm. I am just a school teacher, so I try to monitor my expenses. But Envoyer is one of my greatestā€¦

Bit on the 2016 Clavelier Beauxmonts, ouchā€¦

Asked for the 2015 Domaine Gilles Barge CĆ“te-RĆ“tie CĆ“te Blonde. Iā€™ve had their Brune and St. Joseph but never the Blonde. Looking forward to trying it in 12 years.

Took a flyer on a handful of the 04 Chandon de Briailles Ile des Verg Blanc. (but still awaiting confirmation)
We barrel tasted it with Claude all those years ago, so it would be nice if they are still sound.

Me too. I am a sucker for aged white Burgundy that (at least from the email) is not premoxed. So long for the old days.

I grabbed a few of these the first time they were offered. Great deal!

Speaking of long confirms, has anyone here ordered any of the 2016 Michelot NSGs and gotten a confirm (or a no)? I ordered some from the first offering of 1er Crus, and then some of the villages from a later offering, and then some of the ā€œin stockā€ 2015 village. Immediate confirm on the latter, which I get, on the former itā€™s just been ā€œweā€™re still working on it with our supplier.ā€ Which Iā€™m fine with, and I donā€™t want to bug them, but OTOH, if it ainā€™t coming Iā€™d like to know that as wellā€¦ This one has been weeks (maybe a month or two now?) and every other time the good news or bad has come much quicker.

I once requested two bottles of a wine in April. Got a confirmation in June (never got a reply before) and wasnā€™t delivered until December. Fun times. [snort.gif]

on the other hand, thereā€™s been at least a couple times I waited 3 - 6 weeks for a reply, never got one, followed-up, only to get a fairly quick response to my follow-up letting me know the answer was ā€œNo.ā€ That gives me the impression that things do sometimes fall through the cracks over there; when in doubt, send a quick little email.

I donā€™t consider that falling through the cracks. They canā€™t tell you every time you donā€™t get something.

So if you were running that business you would not let your customers know when their requests could not be filled? I would.

Pretty sure I get a ā€œno soup for youā€ email whenever I strike out, although it isnā€™t as if I match up requests with response meticulously.

This is the way I see it, considering the size of the operation and how they sell their products. I generally donā€™t get a reply when I didnā€™t get in quick enough, so I assume Iā€™m out of luck if I donā€™t get a confirmation within a week or so. I once asked Heaven about it and she said they just donā€™t have time to respond to everyone, particularly when the wine is in big demand or they have several offers that go out on the same day.

Maybe Heaven just likes me best. Or second best, since we are talking about getting shut out.

Heaven takes very good care of me so Iā€™m guessing she likes me best.

Or maybe she just enjoys giving you bad news. neener

Greg just confirmed my Mastroberardino :slight_smile:

Stop promoting them. The cellar offerings will go even faster.

No they wonā€™t. Theyā€™ll be gone before anyone can even check this thread

not trueā€”people who see the thread then get on the email list and it burgeons.

You mean like the 50000 Page envoyer champagne thread? :stuck_out_tongue: