Design your own Champagne glass

I thought A.So was born in 93, hence the moniker.

I thought it was either to commemorate the nondescript 1993 vintage in Champagne or because the glass was made to showcase doux Champagnes with 93g/l.

Personally I love the Gabriel Glas Gold Edition. Pretty expensive, but the shape is perfect for champagnes for me. Also for other whites such as rieslings and stickies. Also sometimes older reds. Something about the bulb, the weight. I have done side by side comparisons on many wines and this seems to bring out the best nose on all.

Just looked at my Glasvins; good observation there. Do you ideally envision something where the taper to the bowl and the stem is similar?

The volume to the widest part of the glass right now is probably around 120 ml.

I usually drink champagne out of my various white wine/universal glasses too, but I really like the aesthetic of the Joseph Krug glass (and how it reminds me of all the Krug parties) which is really the impetus behind this. (I could just buy the Krug glass, but that’s not fun. And like Yaacov said, it’s a bit too thick.)

I’ve further reduced the Alan Weinberg 0/1 scale to just one value.

1 Like

Noted. Will investigate.

Me too

was thinking that “taper” wasn’t the best word, but i think you understood it; yes, where the stem meets the base it should be a curve, not a corner and should mirror the angle and size of where it meets the bottom of the bowl.

as for the volume, i just checked the krug glass and the little pouring mark at the widest part is 110 ml. so 120 seems very much in the range. at 110-120 ml at the widest part i’d want that mark to be slightly below the 50th percentile of the height of the entire bowl.

+1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwxBtSrA7K

1 Like

Beautiful.

Will these become for sale?

Yay!

Wonderful!

That is so cool. I remain jealous, in happiest way.

Thank you for including us in your adventure!

Alas, don’t think they will. But maybe ask David about it :wink:

Way to go!

1 Like

I’m with Anton, I’m so fuggin jealous, but in a friendly happy for you kind of way.

Damn dude, you have been immortalized!

Kane gonna be so jelly!

Is it just me or are these pretty close in shape and size?

Yea but are they 93 points!?

No, look at the goofy shape at the top. The Riedel have a rounder side profile. Glasvin are $210 for 8.