De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Not familiar with Wilson

$17 a bottle will get you '19 Zialena from WTSO, a known quality with free shipping at 4 bottles or more.

1 Like

Yeah, but this offer could be anything. It could even be something as good as Zialena.

1 Like

Random: I bought some wine (not dN) from K&L wines in San Francisco. I picked it up so all the wine was in standard wine boxes, with the top cut off like a grocery store would do. I sorted through my wine and filled up the box. As I was naming this case ā€œmixed party packā€ I noticed de Negoce on the side. I didnā€™t think twice about it. I have tons of dN. But then I saw Chardonnay which I donā€™t buy and realized it was a standard sized caseā€¦wondering why K&L would have this box. The only dN I see on their site is a N.29 someone put up for auction.

4 Likes

someone could have dropped off wine to sell through them using a DN box.

1 Like

Another long time family operation, 90 for 20 anyone?

2 Likes

Sounds like Rochioli againā€¦

2 Likes

Thereā€™s been Dehlinger guesses every time Goldridge soils are mentioned. 72, 201, 225, 234.

Not sure their family history goes back to early 1900s, I thought Tom Dehlinger started in the 70s. So Rocchioli makes more sense. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Lot 464 is 13.1%ā€¦I donā€™t really recall either Rochioli nor Dehlinger making pinots that leanā€¦usually well over 14%. With that said, Iā€™m in for a case, 13.1% pinot is right up my alley! Joseph Swan?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty funny. What are the odds?

1 Like

That is interesting, the ones I can find info on all seem to be in the 14-14.5% range, albeit limited sample so who knows if thereā€™s more variance. All the other info seems to line up very well for them though (early 1900s, critic scores, single vineyard thatā€™s mailing list only, price point, previous DN offer etc)

The weird thing is itā€™s a normal box. This seems like it would have come straight from the source. Boxes they use in the warehouse and then repack into shippers.

Regardless itā€™s a sign. Maybe itā€™s Cam reaching out from a parallel universe. Maybe itā€™s a sign that I need to buy the PN on offer!

5 Likes

Since that wine is after Camā€™s time at dN, I imagine it was DeNegoce bringing down samples for the buyers at K&L.

Will be interesting to see if they sell something as dN (like 29 (edit: nevermind, that was an auction) or private labelled like this 2022 Russian River Sauvignon Blanc:

1 Like

Just a note on DN customer service. I ordered 6 of the #464 this morning. After reflection, (and reading some producer speculation on this board), I requested to change the order from 6 to 12 bottles. Within minutes, I got a reply with the cancellation of the order of 6 bottles, an addition of a case order, and an invoice for the difference. Wow! Kudos to DN service.

8 Likes

Itā€™s been a step up in operations for sure with new team. Items ship as promised, maybe too soon it seems!?? NOT. Sourcing has been OK, not stellar, but good enough. If new team is reading this thread, maybe try for some more Aussie Sau Blancs like 346/347? Liking the Burgundy offers.

Cheers, Tim

6 Likes

218 is quite good. Itā€™s my household favorite DN syrah. I will say Iā€™ve had a bit of bottle variation. For every 3 that taste great there will be one that just tastes like red wine. Might use my credits to resupply - this could be the last chance.

1 Like

When did Cam leave DN? I must have missed that announcement.

2 Likes

Everyone missed the announcement as there was noneā€¦just speculation as he dropped off this forum, emails werenā€™t signed with his name anymore but instead ā€œDN Teamā€ or things of that nature, the copy of the wine descriptions changed, etc.

1 Like

It seems that a number of dN customers on this thread have cut way back (like me) or stopped buying dN completely since Cam left. Cam has a long track record of being able to tell when wine in a barrel will be excellent after its been bottled for a year or more. We donā€™t know who the buyers are now or their experience level. Thereā€™s also been a number of wineries and retailers (such as Underground cellars) going out of business, flooding the market with up to 85% off wine. These sales draw buyers away from dN mystery wines to known wines at the same discount.

2 Likes

Speculation is that he departed soon after Lot 401 futures were offered.

1 Like