De Negoce offer (Part 2)

So you’re saying I need to tuck my 6 pack away and forget about it for a few years?

1 Like

I’ve posted this before but the 401 is Bevan Sugarloaf and needs at least 5 years for the blend to integrate. I thought it was super fun to drink young becuse I could taste the components but I’m not opening another bottle until next year. If I had 6 I would hide them.

7 Likes

Yup - my gut sezs 5 years oughta be about right…

4 Likes

For whatever it is worth, I was told by someone ITB that Cam’s new venture is the bottle list. Could be wrong though!

Unlikely. Not only is it not what he does, but it’s been around for many years. So unless he acquired it recently, it’s not him.

https://www.instagram.com/the_bottle_list (scroll down and can see posts from years ago).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm46R4ABEHL/

Says here Cameron owns it…Cameron Hobel.

2 Likes

Third night…the 401 has mellowed a bit, still quite disjointed. I like MatMc’s thoughts about tasting the components, I can see it. The heat comes off as a tad of VA, that hot…but it’s not, just too young. Interesting taste test, still worried about it coming together cohesively.

2 Likes

Seems I’m wrong thanks for clarifying. Two Cameron H’s must’ve been the cause of the mixup

1 Like

Strangely, Lot 91 | 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon has once again reappeared today after having been ‘sold out’ for a few days. Tranche I $12 pricing, I got it for $7 a bottle on some combination sale, now $19 with 15% off today(?). A nice weekday wine that holds up drinking alone or with a meal. Bottled Dec 2020, ~ we’ll most probably drink this 2024-2026. Though Cameron Hughes comments that this could be held out for 10 or 15 years, we’ll just enjoy this now as a cellar defender.

4 Likes

It will come together, it has incredible ingredients. 5 years should be about right.

It will be one of the best dN wines ever.

1 Like

Anyone see this sale that is up?

Has anyone had lot 154 Walla Walla Malbec? Haven’t seen that one before.

Lot 154 | 2018 Walla Walla Malbec originally $12 per bottle plus shipment. Reviewed as (A-) slightly under Lot 118 Chalk Hill 2018 Malbec (A) and over Lot 142 Horse Heaven Hills 2018 Malbec (B+).

1 Like

Was that written by AI?

I wonder if chatGPT could start translating my tasting notes to “the style of cameron hughes”

1 Like

Thanks for bringing our attention to this! Do folks have any recommendations for any “tired and true” cellar defenders currently being discounted? I have plenty of wine needing time, I need red’s to enjoy now. 314 and 414 look like possibilities. I am a cab., zin, pinot, gsm fan.

1 Like

230 at $15 is still a winner if you don’t have it. Think I paid $13 plus shipping on initial offer

2 Likes

#32 is not sold out anymore, for about the tenth time!
It’s decent, almost done with case 3, I’ll pass.
It’s ready now, one Yum :wine_glass:!

3 Likes

FWIW, 409 is excellent - I’ve already drank 4 bottles. Just bought some more here w/ 32 and 91.

5 Likes

Today’s “up to 30% off” sale seems like a good chance to refill on any favorites from bottle shop. Make sure you do the math! My first one I looked at was actually only 20% off, the “up to” is the operative phrase.

I have some credits (maybe $20 or so) so might shop a bit, but I need taste some of the newbies I just received. Also need more wine like a hole in my head.

2 Likes

seems like the Credits are not viable for the sale items… But think of it this way, any purchases add to your credit pile for some future purchase!

2 Likes

I loaded my cart with 202 Walla Walla Merlot to check, and it accepted my $21.60 in credits, but I didn’t pull the trigger, so maybe not.

1 Like

well then you are lucky, as my purchase didn’t even show them as available
Rats!

Edit - and NOW it seems like all my credits have disappeared plus my reward status ! Something is goofy for sure!

1 Like