De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Isn’t Jordan $60 a bottle? How do we reconcile to the $80 price point referenced?

Ladies and Gentlemen. here on “Name that Vineyard,” I submit my final answer as …. “Aperture.”

I would put this in the pipeline, however like many of this group, The cellar is overflowing.

Perhaps a little creative license? If you go to Jordan’s web site, you’ll find their 2015 and 2014 priced at $85 and $95, respectively…

1 Like

Harry,
Minus the “single red wine bottling per year” this looks possible. Non participant in this chase here. Cheers, Tim

2 Likes

Beeeep, wrong. (assuming the blurb isn’t completely made up).

Aperture did not exist in the early 70’s. Also, they release more red wines than most can count.

1 Like

Their latest release, 2019, is $60. I wouldn’t be surprised if their 2022 eventually releases at $80.

1 Like

Ah yes with inflation that sadly sounds about right!

2 Likes

Every year of Jordan is 80% Cab blend going back years. This one is 90%.

1 Like

Jordan does blend in Petit Verdot and Malbec. Any other prospects you can think of?
This is for a wine not yet released.

I get that but I went back last 10 years and it was always 80% cab (one time it was 77% cab). Also the alcohol was in the 13’s each time.

2 Likes

I re-read the offer. It doesn’t explicitly say the wine is exactly the same as the one that will be released. Perhaps a little liberty, like with the pricing? I’m stumped otherwise.

I’m guessing it’s another “Cameron” blend. So not the original wine.

But the ingredient, assuming Jordan, is solid.

1 Like

Yah, there hasn’t been an offer since new management that has said “same wine as the winery”. So it’s probably that.

Maybe they can come up with an even more creative interpretation of the word “shiner” than what @Cameron_Hughes did…

1 Like

Lot 449 - what do you guys think? My guess is Albatross Ridge.

Talbott?

good guess how many tasting rooms are in Carmel other than Talbott?

Not doubting Talbott, but there are quite a few. Is Caraccioli Cellars in the mix?

Chalone, but when they did make a PN Rose it was nowhere $35 a bottle.

Chalone is not “Carmel Valley” producer, Albatross has a tasting room up in the “Valley” & “At the Sea” been to both myself. Great wines there by the way. Talbott Vineyards fits Carmel Valley Producer with Diamond T vineyard and Burgundian varietals. Rose on website is $32.

1 Like