De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Anybody else notice that the 124 thought-to-be-Freemark Abbey Merlot is in the shop for $12, considerably less than I originally paid for it? Buy a viogner & it’s 15% off that ridiculous price.

10 Likes

Marie,
Shhhh…get it before it’s gone. Cheers, Tim

5 Likes

I didn’t post until the order went through!

3 Likes

Dinosaur Alert! I am unable to use my Shop App Credit, any suggestions???
I did it once, cannot remember or repeat the process. DOH!!!
Suggestions please, other than just give up??

1 Like

listening
as it appears to be another scam

1 Like

Ponzi schemes? Doh!

Thankfully its sold out, since i really didn’t need it.

3 Likes

Does anyone else typically have issues with these 15% discount deals that often come up?
They always advertise that if you add a bottle of X, then you get 15% off on all other bottle shop wines, but I don’t think this is true. The discount seems to work only on select wines.
For example, today if you add 1 bottle of the Viognier and then bottles of 352, the discount won’t apply to 352.

Thanks Marie,
Re: delicious #124, I enjoyed 2 of my 18 bottles, then put it on “hold” about a year ago.
It Might be time to try one again with a long decant?
That was certainly “The DEAL of the DAY”. Cheers!

When I am sitting on the fence regarding an additional purchase, I go into the cellar.
It helps me get perspective on the amount of wine I want to consume, before I transcend this beautiful rock. :earth_americas:

3 Likes

I got the 15% discount on everything else in the case except the 1 bottle of Viognier!

2 Likes

That was happening to me also. Hmmm……:face_with_monocle:
Ha, only ONE Viognier! Me too.

3 Likes

Vitor,
Applies at checkout such that it ensures you DID purchase a Lot 371 Viognier after all. Cheers, Tim

3 Likes

I miss @Cameron_Hughes

2 Likes

Hi Tim, thanks!
I just tried again but it still doesn’t work :sob: . I put a mixed case in the cart, including 371. Then I go all the way to the check out (1 click away from submitting the payment), and the 15% only shows up in a couple of lots, not all of them.
I tried different browsers, Shop Pay and not Shop Pay, but still no success.
There seems to be a bug with this discount. I emailed CS, let’s see what they say.

Since Cam is AWOL, I would appreciate if our interim CEO @Brianschool could help here pls. :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t want to do this, but the time has come.

I hereby give notice, per section 424 of the de Negoce bylaws, paragraph 4. For those of you who don’t have your bylaws handy here is section 424, paragraph 4:

“At any time, a member can summon @Cameron_Hughes to post on the “message board” and Mr. Hughes will have 1 week to show proof of life by posting under the @Cameron_Hughes account. Should a full week go by and Mr. Hughes fails to post, whatever member gave notice shall become de-facto CEO of de Negoce.”

Monday, July 24th, 4:50PM PST - is the deadline.

I don’t want this job but I will assume it with great responsibility. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to this.

Matthew,
This job does come with “Kissing some Frogs”. Pucker up. Cheers, Tim

2 Likes

Has anyone tried Lot 392 2020 Napa Cab yet? If so, how is it? De Negociants shows Beringer as the producer, but I don’t remember settling on that name here.

I bought this wine for a friend and he is dying to know who it is given we are on a weather hold here in GA.

I think my best guess was Anderson Conn. Its not Beringer as Cam’s notes said the producer made a $350 BDX blend. Anderson Conn makes some $350+ blends and the 14.9% matched up with some prior vintages. I have mine but have not opened one.

2 Likes

I remember that Davies was also a strong guess. Just did some research on Davies and the vineyard AVA’s and oak treatment are very similar to their Napa Valley Cab, but not so much the $100 price.

I agree that Conn is a good guess.

1 Like

So with Rivers-Marie release yesterday, I saw that there was a 2021 M-Bar SVD Cabernet in the offering.

For N.397 there was a lot of debate between eastern side of Rutherford and a winemaker duo known for Pinot and Cabernet. Rivers-Marie was thrown out there but they didn’t have a wine that fit the Rutherford location description. I think maybe M-Bar might fit that description though?

Curious if anyone is interested in digging up the different descriptors to see if this makes any sense?

Plug for https://denegociants.com/ to get the old description and the original guess of Kerr Vineyards Beckstoffer GIII.

1 Like