De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Purchased an all red case last August at $159. Got a good smattering - 3 Cabs, 2 Merlots, a Pinot, Syrah, Meritage, Zinfandel, Malbec, Carignane, and a Petite Sirah. It was a nice intro as I was just getting started with DN. Now I’m subletting space in 3 different basements, lol. I may do a mixed case this go round.

4 Likes

Just bought a case of Mystery RED.

3 Likes

I’ve bought a couple of mystery cases. You can make a pretty good guess of what will be in it based on what has been promoted in specials previously but not sold out. I’ve always found the value to be solid and it gives a nice mix of things to try and see if you want to buy from the bottle shop at a later time.

4 Likes

I agree with Kevin. I’m ve bought a few mysteries in the past and they were solid value. Expect to love and be pleasantly surprised by some, and to dislike or have some that are just OK. The $60 avg discount vs $129 price is on par with the recent 35% for July 4, but on wines you may not have chosen if not hidden.

I’m taking a pass based on everything else I have pending.

2 Likes

It would be nice if we could choose domestic vs international (or a mix) in the mystery case.
I have a feeling that these mystery cases will be 70% international, so I’m personally not super interested…
But it’s a great idea overall. Maybe next time!

5 Likes

I think the mixed cases are a lot of fun and I would recommend them if you are interested in adventuring into wines you might not have considered or wanted to buy a case of on initial offer. Thanks to previous mystery cases, I have a bottle of the Syrah that Brian just reviewed (will wait a bit longer to try, thank you ), a 255 and a 192. I was also pleased to get an extra bottle or two of 43 (darned good cab) and 181 (for when I don’t want to think too hard about what I’m sipping.) The value is excellent & the variety is a pleasure. Go for it if you have the space & spirit of adventure (& don’t have excessive amounts of wine in your basement…)
PS someone who lives in California & receives shipments ASAP will probably post what’s in the mystery case in a few days &, if the offer is still available, you can buy it then.

7 Likes

Every once in a while I see an uptick in positive posts about 181. Am I the only one who does NOT like 181?

Kudos to @Cameron_Hughes on the improvements to customer service. I’ve reached out a couple times in the past couple weeks and a solution was provided very quickly and simply!

I’m in the camp where I prefer low prices and great deals, and sometimes perfect and immediate customer service outcomes require a business to invest more and thus raise prices. So, I never had an issue with sometimes the customer service stuff taking a little time to sort out (and by the way it ALWAYS got sorted out), because the value was greater than having to spend a little time on customer support stuff. AND, when you’ve bought ~800 bottles in ~12 months across a ton of different orders, there were bound to be little things that could potentially pop up, on my end and on DN’s. So it never really bothered me, again the overall value made any CS time to solution completely worth it. But, I must say, there is a definite and noticeable improvement in response time and positive outcome achieved recently. Thanks.

7 Likes

Brian, I think you should officially be appointed as the Interim DN CEO while Cam is out… :joy: :pray:t3:

2 Likes

:joy: Perfect! Since you’re insisting on a hostile takeover of @MatthewT and relegating him to assistant to the assistant’s CEO; As my first action as interim CEO we will have a BIG bottle shop sale on the following wines:
n.17
n.309
n.227
n.69
n.189
n.173
n.253
n.181
n.50

Second, East Coast Summer meetup for members, replete with 150 different lots of wine tastings (ALL REDS), and the finest Holy Grail Wagyu and prime rib. Free for anyone who bought a case of wine in 2022 or 2023.

9 Likes

Brian,

You have my vote!

3 Likes

This is not a democracy, it’s a cult. I am the leader. Stay in line, Dave.

2 Likes

Keep looking over your shoulder Matthew. There could be a coup d’état with offers like these.

2 Likes

Attention Sommelier Brianschool, de Négoce interim CEO:

Please give me driving directions to the Horse Heaven Hills Lot 142 Malbec winery. Thank you, ~ the Norton Wine Traveler

9 Likes

Out or AWOL?

2 Likes

More mystery cool-aid plz :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Clean up on aisle 3 , someone get the mop.

2 Likes

Just wishing good health for our “Curator” and everyone else out there! Cheers. Enjoy the weekend!

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. This model has worked wonders for me, except I have WAY too much wine…

6 Likes

NDA-shmen-DA. Done. Also adding n.142 to my bottle shop sale.

4 Likes