De Negoce offer (Part 2)

I wonder if they were even supplied to that “competition”.

1 Like

From TEXSOM 2023:
de Negoce Lot 352, Cabernet Sauvignon Coonawarra Australia 2021 Silver Medal
de Negoce Lot 350, Cabernet Sauvignon, Reserve Adelaide Hills Australia 2019 Silver Medal
I did NOT get any #350, yet?
I did GET 2 cases of the “UNDER RATED” #352, so far…
Waiting to try #352 around 11/24/23. The One year bottled date. I hope it’s yummy!
Taste/flavor/preferences ARE subjective!
Hmmm…

3 Likes

De Negoce N 352 is a fantastic wine. In my opinion , it’s not a California Cabernet, as it’s a bit light mid palate. But it is truly a very good wine.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear Harry, thanks!
Per Cams original offer:
“If you buy one Cabernet from me this year, this is the one - just trust me (and don’t forget the de Négoce Guarantee!). Yes, indeed, Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s time to… Back Up The Truck!”
&
“In retrospect, I should have assigned this wine to Lot 350 - it deserves the honor. Indeed, if there is a wine that defines the de Négoce model of incredible wines at incredible prices, this is it! Regardless of its number, Lot 352 2021 Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon is a stunning value and a compelling wine. “

I got 2 cases, because I trust Cam, he’s earned it!
‘Nuff said?

5 Likes

Just sharing my thoughts on a random DnG bottle that I had last night. I had the Lot 354 Centenarian Vines Shiraz which is supposedly $100 per bottle Elderton Command from the Barossa Valley, and while it might be, the one thing that it surely is not is ready to drink!! A very young 2021 wine that probably needs at latest another 2-3 years to come together. Very bold with high alcohol % of 15.5. However, you can tell that the bones of a good wine are there, so be as patient as possible!!!

10 Likes

PSA - there is a thread devoted to DN tasting notes to make them easier to find/discuss separate from offers/shipping/etc.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/what-de-negoce-wine-are-you-drinking-tonight

4 Likes

Meant to post this is the “what-de-negoce” thread. Its a high quality wine but from my decanting tries with it, its too young to drink. Looking on Vinous, the Elderton Command drinking windows are usually 6-14 years after label year. I read this was not aged in oak for as long so maybe take a couple of years off. I’m not opening another one until at least 2025.

6 Likes

Any idea when 400 will be shipped?

1 Like

The original email said late May. Obviously that date has come and gone. I am learning that Release/Shipping dates on original emails are rarely accurate. Usually not a big deal since most of the reds need more bottle time. It is so hot now that I doubt they will be shipping much out until the fall.

5 Likes

397 just dropped. I’m passing given my inventory. I also think w/ 600 cases this will be around for a long time and easily can pick some up in a sale 6 or 12 months from now.

8 Likes

Feels like a relatively high price point for so little producer info - it requires the buyer to have a lot of faith in Cam’s palate/hype.

9 Likes

I’d guess it’s very good cause I have full faith in Cameron. But at that price point and the info provided will have a hard time moving all those cases.

6 Likes

I don’t see this one flying off the shelves either. It’s the ultimate “Trust in Cam” offer. Happy to sit this one out

7 Likes

Yes, going to pass. Lacking the ability to try to guess provenance, and with little information, the price point would need to be lower than this for me to buy some, but this could end up really great. Hope it pays off for folks that bought.

4 Likes

I don’t think many will be buying. I’m actually interested to see how this plays out over time. This is the first lot where I have had this feeling given the price point and description.

2 Likes

Farniente/Nickel and Nickel portfolio has vineyards at all of the ava’s aforementioned. Moreover, they are large with enough scale to peel of 600 cases of excess/surplus easily. Which other producer checks off all the boxes? I’m going to go out on a limb and state that this makes for a “juicy” offer if the producer is taking the extra steps to “mask” pretty much any and all information…

4 Likes

The wine is almost certainly amazing. Cam prices stuff based on a markup for a margin. If he’s selling this at this price point, he paid a lot for the wine. Coupled with the secrecy - it’s a winner. But doesn’t mean will sell fast.

3 Likes

I’m out this round as well. At that price point, there are plenty of generic good quality Napa cabs out there where you know the producer.

I bet this will be a frequent flyer on the discount cases and bottle shop deals in the future.

6 Likes

It is also a big price difference between buying a case versus a six pack.

1 Like

I bought a case of 397. Am I the only fanboy who did not sit this one out.
I will pop a bottle soon after receiving

7 Likes