De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Nice call out. I saw that listed on their shipping help page: https://denegoce.gorgias.help/en-US/shipping-questions-related-to-warehouse-move-219877

It looks like FedEx charges a per package fee to deliver packages to your home on a different day. I liked UPS with the $20 annual my choice fee. They offered a lot of flexibility in getting the packages to my house when I’m home.

Seems like the only option with FedEx is to hold at a location or put the packages on “vacation hold”.

Curious what other experiences are and if this is for sure the new shipping carrier.

4 Likes

About how I feel. I might buy it, just don’t know if FedEx will deliver it. I’ve had their delivery manager for some time and it never works.

1 Like

That’s frustrating to read as i literally just paid for the UPS membership last month specifically to have contol over denegoce deliveries. Now we have to deal with a different carrier and different capabilities to manage deliveries… ugh…not happy

2 Likes

Love this, I find Fedx to be way more user friendly in redirecting packages. You don’t even need an account, you can do it as a guest.

4 Likes

FedEx is not a great move for me. I get why people like it, but my UPS guy rocks. Have given him a number of bottles for all the no hassle deliveries he’s made for me.

8 Likes

Maybe he missed this:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/fedex-is-coming-apart-at-the-seams/

New fulfillment center sounds :fire:

1 Like

Imo keep Sending them out of his mothers basement and keep prices in check, unless you plan on a tour sometime soon :joy:

2 Likes

Not happy with FedEx - Here in the South Atlanta area, they are too incompetent for words. Shipments take 48 hours to cover 12 miles and in the summer, this can mean cooked wines. UPS works well here and is the locally preferred vendor… Oh well. We’ll see how this goes.

2 Likes

Given the volume Cam ships - I can’t fault him for taking advantage of the best prices he can get.

But, ugh - FedEx is just awful for me. It’s a 50/50 chance they will even bother to attempt delivery. They like to leave packages outside on the sidewalk and never ring the buzzer. FexEx Home is worse and they often won’t show up until 9:30 at night.

The only upside is redirecting to the FedEx office is more convenient than the sites UPS provides.

6 Likes

FedEx is terrible for me too - nearly 100% of the packages I get from FedEx are delayed in Troutdale for some reason. Doesn’t matter if it’s flannery beef (they’ve ruined at least 4 shipments), or wine, or other, it is ALWAYS delayed.

1 Like

UPS shows up at 10:30 PM, or later, and requires a signature. I am happy to see Fed Express….guess they both have issues depending on your location.

FedEx has been great for me. Not sure why other people are having issues

1 Like

I just paid for the UPS membership today to control my De Negoce deliveries as well. It was only $20 so not that big of a deal. I just prefer UPS and the reliability and flexibility they provide. I absolutely loathe FedEx. I have had nothing but problems with them and their system totally sucks in my opinion. I hope this works out in the long run by my expectations are very low.

I live in Northern Mn, where DN does not ship in the winter or the summer. The competition including Wine Access, WTSO, and Wine Library ship on a very scheduled basis, and are the go to sources for wine. I never recommend DN, as their shipping has been impossible to figure out. So the improvements Cam is putting in place will pay dividends.

Guys, these are great wines. so I am cheering Cam and willing to work through the growing pains of a new company.

Thanks Cam for the fine wines at great prices.

3 Likes

Very happy about the Fedex move. No more UPS BS about having to pay to reroute packages, and Fedex at least in my neighborhood is much more reliable than UPS ever was.

4 Likes

Agree that FedX is great. I have everything delivered to my local Walgreens and have used it for most of my wine purchases for the last few years with no issues.

6 Likes

I know my UPS driver will be happy with this change.

5 Likes

In my location in SC, Fedex is very good but so is UPS. Moving in a couple of months to greater Nashville area so will see how it goes with deliveries.

Another study worth sociological mystery: we’re all OK buying cases worth of wine months ahead it being even bottled, but changing to a different logistics partner and courier that I’m sure Cam has researched and it’s a religious divide. :wink::joy:

3 Likes