Dallas

John, it is my understanding that after they move they’ll be going the road to a mixed beverage permit. The kiss of death for BYOB in Texas.

Just a quick update. I went to Urbano last week with a group for a Dom tasting. I hadn’t been in probably 2.5 years. I can honestly say, that it was the worst meal I have ever had at a restaurant in Dallas. The food was so mind blowingly pedestrian. It’s a huge disappointment. Ever since Keo left as the chef it has not been the same. It has reached a new low.

What a shame.

New spot in East Dallas. Eclectic menu that makes wine pairing tough, but interesting stuff and well regarded chef. No corkage. Bring your own stems.

Yikes! Going there next week so hopefully have a diff experience. Haven’t been in a year or so.

Any other good spots in Dallas city limits that people would recommend? Haven’t had much luck since Farnatchi closed on Knox/75 like 4 or 5 years ago. Sad day

MoMo’s on Forest is making a bit of a come back lately.

Went to Urbano last week and it was excellent. No drop off that I could discern.

Agreed. Was there last weekend and really enjoyed it

Why is this thread so dead? I was at the top 2 byob restaurants within the 635 loop this week, Urbano and Sevan G and G. Urbano is as it always was, noisy, with adequate food, an unchanging menu and charmless manager, but luckily better service now because of Kevin. Sevan has better food, but also an unchanging menu and the same, one waitstaff for the whole restaurant (who is the wife, and the husband is the chef. They are also the owners).

prob dead b/c we have so few BYOB options. I will check out Sevan thx. been a couple years but I had the lmab shank at Ephesus and it paired well with a Riber del Duero. No corkage.

Uchi has $25 corkage I hear

Cafe Medi off of Grapevine Highway (26) in Hurst is BYOB. It is a very nice neighborhood (i.e. casual) Greek/Mediterranean restaurant that is BYO. They also have a location in Keller.

Do both locations now charge the $3 per bottle “alcohol convenience fee” aka corkage?

I do not recall them charging a convenience fee, maybe that’s something very recent?

Even so, that would be a modest amount.

1 Like

They have it on their menu. I’ve never been charged one at the Hurst location but it is on their menu. It’s $3.00 per bottle on their menu. Nothing.