Dallas Anyone 24th - 28th June???

Might want to count Philip in just in case.

Wow, you guys are phenomenal! Just packed up my wines to ship to Dallas tonight. We will be departing on Monday am for Costa Rica for a Trade Show there and then heading directly to Dallas from CR. I am really looking forward to meeting y’all! flirtysmile

I agree with Bill.

Chris if I dont hear back tomorrow I’ll PM you and you can also try Mitch (my friend Nida is the person communicating with him now). I think we shold move on the first place that can seat us and is accomodating to BYO.

Me +1

Assuming the date and venue works out I’ll be +1

I like this idea as we would have the place basically all to ourselves.

Thoughts on wines?

Philip,

Thanks! That sounds great to me if everyone else is ok with it.

That does up the ante in terms of wine quality. Not much plonk flowing around Grailey’s. Get your DRC’s and 1st Growths ready! (kidding, but just by a bit)

Are we talking about the 28th or did the date move around? I’m flexible.

Chris

Hey P-Rob, tell your chef that I have two 14lb Majinola Briskets that are doing nothing but sitting in my freezer. One would easily provide enough snacks for however many people want to show up. If he wants to do something with one, or have me prep it, I can offer it up.

As for wines, I have some maggies of Don Melchor Cab.

I’ll drop Urbano and try to find something interesting to bring…

Pretty tough to beat Grailey’s. I think I have an 86 Gruaud Larose handy if I can swing it.

Grailey’s rocks as far as I’m concerned. Proceed is my input.

Sounds fantastic, I’ll have my wines including an interesting little Pinot Noir with us.

Kristi and I are in for Grailey’s.

I’ll defitely have a magnum of 2005 Don Melchor with me, and maybe something else interesting.

Heading out for Costa Rica at 5am in the morning. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Nola

Just booked our hotel in Dallas through Hotwire! I am generally very happy with this service as we have never gotten a bad hotel for the hugely discounted price. This time though I am elated. We got Hotel PALOMAR Dallas a 4-Star hotel at a fraction of the cost! I have to thank Chris Freemott for turning me towards Hotwire as I was always skeptical that I would get some place lousy, but that has not been the case.

Orient me to where Grailey’s is in reference to Hotel Palomar. We have rented a car so driving there is not an issue.

The Palomar is a great little hotel. You’ll like it. Nice restaurant, good spa services, nice rooms. Good score.

Gailey’s is in the Design District and you’re on Central at Mockingbird. That equates to approximately 5-6 miles pretty much all by highway unless you just choose to take back roads. That’ll take you about 10 minutes, more in traffic.

Best bet from Palomar is 75 south to Woodall Rogers. WR → I-35N. Stay in the right lane. Exit Hi-Point/Victory Ave. Left on Hi-Point, left on Edison. Grailey’s on left just past bakery.

I’m in too!

Omg… Grailey’s has a chef!!! This does make eet the bestest place in Dallas for wine. Gonna have to kick AJ’s ass for not putting me on eir mailing list, yet again. God only knows I’ve given Simon and AJ my email countless times.

Palomar is awesome, you’ll enjoy it.
This is gonna be fun.