COMMERCE CORNER RULES (Read BEFORE posting, i.e. 25 post minimum, no retail, no commenting on pricing in any form, etc)

The board doesnā€™t encourage people to ā€˜sell and get outā€™. We want people to engage and participate. The Commerce Corner board is for active members to use, and is not intended to compete with commercial sales channels. You want to sell and get out? Contact WineBid, K&L, Benchmark, etc. Pay them their commission and you never have to talk to them again.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s fair. I guess my point was that 25 posts seems a bit intimidating since thereā€™s so much content here on the board that I donā€™t really know where to start.
Anyways, thanks for the reply. I really appreciated it.

Seiji, youā€™re up to 9! See how easy? Donā€™t be intimidated, find threads that interest you or that you have some real life experience to draw from, and post away. Just donā€™t be another Victor - quality over quantity is always good.

1 Like

Well said, Chuck

thanks for the info [cheers.gif]

New member here, thankful to be a part of this community. Whatā€™s the general consensus on selling opened bottles of spirits like Whiskey/Cognac?

Welcome to Wine Berserkers Geoffrey!

Though Iā€™m sure there may be the odd person here and there willing to grab an open bottle, Iā€™d reckon that most people here prefer full, closed bottles.

But please see the rules first :slight_smile: Youā€™ve got a few posts to make before posting a ā€˜for saleā€™, Geoffrey!

And on a related noted, I feel a for sale post on a new account with few posts does tend to draw more scrutiny from buyer. I suspect purchasers are more comfortable buying from those who have shown at least some level of continued involvement in the community. It doesnā€™t mean you need to have a years long history posting here, but a demonstration that you posting here for more than transactions goes a long way.

Itā€™s a fun and welcoming community, so itā€™s pretty easy to join discussions.

Excellent! Thanks everyone. Iā€™m also interested in finding some decent wineries in my area so Iā€™ll look around the forum and see where I can find that discussion.

1 Like

I am not drinking wine any longer and donā€™t anticipate being able to contribute valuably to the forum. Do you have any suggestions of how I might be able to sell my collection (not huge, 20 bottles largely Cab Sav from Napa late '10ā€™s)

TIA

Matt

Iā€™m in Silicon Valley, and thinking about selling some wine here. It certainly would be easiest to sell to someone local, but is there any guidance on how to ship and where I can ship? A google search revealed that UPS will only ship wine for a business.

Yes, shippers only ship wine officially for businesses with licenses. That said, consumers do buy and sell wine and ship it themselves all the time, obviously here on Commerce Corner - itā€™s skirting the rules, Iā€™m not giving legal advice, blah blahā€¦

I know some, for example, who use ā€˜maple syrupā€™ or ā€˜samplesā€™ on their package

3 Likes

I hear lots of wine lovers like olive oil as well :wink:

Re-bumping even though the thread is pinnedā€¦lots of new people showing up and posting without reading the rules