COMMERCE CORNER RULES (Read BEFORE posting, i.e. 25 post minimum, no retail, no commenting on pricing in any form, etc)

Arg, 25 posts to try and list something!

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct, John and Jason - itā€™s to encourage participation so new members donā€™t show up on the site with the sole purpose of selling wine for financial gain, yet contribute nothing to the rest of the community. The trust factor is MUCH higher with participating members than with not, and weā€™ve had fraud in the (long) past which is why we added the real names policy along with it - this is the best way to protect each member in such transactions.

2 Likes

No worries, Iā€™m sure being a part of the community will fan the flames of my wine addiction!

I can all but promise that! [cheers.gif]

Done and thank you.

I did read the rules! Now how do i post an ad selling one bottle of Wine ( Opus One 2000 )?

With Best Regards

Lars

If you did youā€™d know

Dude, the very first one in the very first post. neener

Iā€™ve had a sign on for years, 2009 to be exact, and have monitored commerce corner for prices, conversations, and of course berserkerday over that time. I havenā€™t had anything to sell and I buy my wine and liquor locally in the Portland metro, Willamette Valley, and eastern Washington regions. I have a few bottles of bourbon I would like to part with and would love to finally post. I would much rather deal with berserker folks than wine spectator. I know people monitor both but anyone who has spent time reading knows this would be the preferred community to make a deal in. If an exception could be made I would appreciate it but certainly respect your rules. Thanks

25 posts is a reallllly low bar if you engage at allā€¦ itā€™s like Charlie in 12 minsā€¦ :wink:

You have an additional/unneccessary 1 in there.

Haha but heā€™s a lawyer so he will tell you it took 12 mins and thus a billing unit. :wink:

Is this an OK place to discuss commerce corner ā€œpracticesā€ ? Please move this if thereā€™s a better place ā€¦

Why do some edit out most or all of their posts after the transaction has been completed ? I think weā€™re losing some history that might be useful. Seeing what a bottle has sold for (or at least been offered at) would probably be helpful to someone whoā€™s considering offering a similar bottle.

bc they donā€™t want ppl to PM them asking to buy it.

1 Like

Adding ā€œSOLDā€, as suggested in the 1st post, doesnā€™t stop this ?

I posted a request to buy something, then said Iā€™d gotten what I needed, and still got PMs for months about it.

25 is a lot before I can post. Is that still standing?

sounds good

The rules say not to post any comments about a listing but if someone has a listing on CC and is a NON-PAYER (myself and someone else) should/can we post a note in that listing about issues with the seller?

Will there ever be a way to circumvent the 25 post minimum? Perhaps through some of the premium membership options? I havenā€™t looked into it at all so maybe they do exist but as someone looking to sell and get out itā€™s a bit frustrating trying to get the the minimum post count.