Champagne price increases

No idea. I bought some 2015 recently, but that was here in the US. That vintage is drinking great right now too.

2 Likes

Perhaps there was a back of the house debate between pricing the 13 VV du Levant at $169 or $189? And then no one remembered to pick just one…

Hasn’t gone up that much in reality. I just paid $44.

3 Likes

That should be similar to pricing from either Vinopolis or Sec in Oregon. I would guess one of them would be able to sell it around $85.

25% seems like a lot to me for one year.

2 Likes

Bottle costs and transportation are typically the same per bottle. So $10 on a $35 bottle is a big % jump. On $200 bottle not so much.

4 Likes

I wish that were uncommon!

1 Like

Andrew was talking about $35-44. Not $200.

3 Likes

Exactly, The L’Or d’Eugene which sells in France for around the 30 € mark will jump up to 45-50 € mark. At that price there are much better options. The reaction has not been very positive at the moment which has for some reason surpised the producer. Perhaps ten years ago it would be difficult to replace or lose such a producer but today not a problem.

When I see what the new guy is doing in Courmas, who cares really? Also Dehours will be releasing a new line of champagnes from bought grapes at really interestng prices.

2 Likes

wholesale is now $47 pb, so typical retail will eventually be $60-$70

56 posts were split to a new topic: Quoting messages discussion

There was an offer today from B-21 for the 2013 L-B Levant Old Vine. $109. Now that’s a great price!

1 Like

Great price indeed, isn’t that below the cellar door price? Most I’ve seen are in 130-150 range.

2 Likes

No idea, Tom.

2 Likes

How does one avail of this offer?

That is a great price. 2013 LB VV du Levant is $107 at wholesale in Oregon.

It’s not that much cheaper in France…

Gosset Celebris 2008 recommended selling price 230 €, that is quite a jump up from 2007.

1 Like

2008 Billecart Salmon Cuvee Nicolas Francois coming out at $230-250, double the initial cost of the '06 and '07s.

Was just marveling at the same thing today. Feels like just yesterday this was a 100€ wine but I guess it’s just me getting old.

1 Like