Ceritas Spring Release Feb 13

Thanks for the info, was thinking that might be the case.

Yes, Escarpa has been replanted, and as you probably know, the 2011 Escarpa fruit went into the “Costalina” bottling.

I am with Tyler here. I have several of each wine put away back through 09.

My limited experience guess is they wont improve much beyond 7 years or so…but I expect them to hold there for some time.

It’s pure speculation. I’m going to hold on to a few for an extended period and find out. I’ll let everyone know in about 2025.

Well, that was a pleasurable experience ordering from the new site. Picked up 3 of each chardonnay - looking forward to delivery!

Bought 3 of each of the pinots. Passed on the chardonnay this time - willpower.

Exact opposite than me, except for the willpower part.

PINNACLE / Santa Cruz Mountains /> Monopole

Really?

I bought 3 of all four. No willpower. hitsfan

3 of each too. Wanted to buy more of the Chards but prudence won out. I hate that prudence thing…

6 bottles of Peter Martin Ray and 3 bottles of Pinnacle for me. Not buying the pinot was all the willpower I could muster.

This is from their offering:

People have often asked about our use of the term “Monopole” when speaking about our wines. The term Monopole is defined as an area or vineyard controlled by a single winery. When you see this designation for Ceritas it means that the grapes and resulting wine from this vineyard are only available from Ceritas.

This turned me off a little also.

Great thing about having a wife who loves this as much as I do, is she isnt mad when I take all that was offered us.

I was offered as much this go round as I was all last year…with two more releases, wow…

I do have some logic here however, in two years my son will enter college and my disposable income will shrink quite a bit, hence me stocking up now :slight_smile:

I’m not offended by their use of Monople nearly as much as Sea Smoke’s use of Grand Cru (which it seems they have now stopped)

I wanted to order 2 of all four wines on offer. Their tech did not seem to want to let me do it. Anyone else have this problem?

It very much seems like everything is packaged in three’s. I am in the same boat, having never had their wines before.

All in for six of everything. Ouch, that really left a mark.
There were few wines I enjoyed as much as their Chards and Pinots last year.

Went for 3 of the Elliott Pinot only. Saw where Alder Yarrow called it one of the best CA pinots he’s ever sampled from barrel.

I’ve bought the Chards the last few offers (Heintz, PMR, P-B). Have only tried the first two, but the acidity is too much for me. I drink a good amount of Chablis and thought the Ceritas whites made Les Clos almost seem fruity!

Maybe a vintage thing (2011)? I suspect not given all I’ve read about the Ceritas house style.

Hmmm…can’t login.