Ceritas Spring Release Feb 13

Thanks Frank for reminding me about R-M, Kutch and we are both forgetting about Carlisle. We must stay strong and stick to our new buying strategies. I have added incentive as I am currently in between consulting gigs.

Looking forward to some TNs on the new Ceritas Hacienda Secoya PN, haven’t run across any so far.

Based on today’s email the release must include the 2012 Pinnacle and PMR Chards and the Elliott and Hacienda Secoya PNs.

First come, first served next week!

Now if I could just get some of the Chards in magnum, I would be a very happy boy.

I won’t be in front of a computer until Feb 14, and that will be day #1 back at work. Y’all will have some time to make hay.

enjoy their Chardonnay very much

John and phobes chards are the best I have ever tasted. I repeatedly go back to these wines, and try them against new competition and they win each time. You don’t do these wine justice until you let them warm up. At cellar temp they all seem closed and acidic / tart to me. In a half hour or so the magic happens.

If I could only buy one producer going forward, it would be a hard choice, but ceritas wins by a mile on chards and copain may still edge out a bit on Pinot.

No matter what list may come and go in our wine collecting voyage, I am positive I will always be on two list. And ceritas is one.

The wines are that good.

What is the price range for their bottlings?

2011 Pricing:
Porter-Bass Chardonnay: $55
Peter-Martin Ray Chardonnay: $52
Costalina Pinot Noir: $42
Heintz Chardonnay: $50

2010 Pricing:
Porter-Bass Chardonnay: $52
Escarpa Pinot Noir: $60
Heintz Chardonnay: $50

Looking forward to this release tomorrow. Have only purchased the chards the last 2 releases. Might be time to try a pinot.

They posted the 2014 release schedule on their new website. Perhaps they are holding on to the cab until they feel it’s ready?

SPRING 2014 / FEBRUARY 13
2012 Pinnacle Vineyard Chardonnay
2012 Peter Martin Ray Vineyard Chardonnay
2012 Hacienda Secoya Vineyard Pinot Noir
2012 Elliott Vineyard Pinot Noir

LATE SPRING 2014 / MAY
2012 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay
2012 Porter-Bass Vineyard Pinot Noir
2012 “costalina” Pinot Noir

FALL 2014 / AUGUST
2012 Porter-Bass Vineyard Chardonnay
2012 Hellenthal Vineyard Pinot Noir
2012 Escarpa Vineyard Pinot Noir

2 spring releases?? uh-oh…

Thinking the same thing. Can’t wait to try all the new juice though.

That is interesting that they are moving to three releases, with the Winter release slightly different than newsletter indicated with the Peter Martin Ray Chard swapped in for the Heintz. This will help my planning for the year, although I likely now will be spending more than I planned. Unlike many here, I actually covet the Ceritas Pinot Noir more than the Chards (which I also like), so the Fall offering will be a bruiser on the wallet.

I’m planning to buy some of the pinot this go round (I only bought chard last offer). Do you feel it rewards long term cellaring?

Just made the list. . . this spring is killing my wallet

(new lists: Rhys, KB, Ceritas, Scarecrow (ugh); B-Day: Johan, LF, Lagier-Meredith; existing lists: W-S, Turley, Kutch, Anthill, dropping Sea Smoke)

Folks keep telling me Ceritas isn’t to be missed.

I don’t think anyone really knows at this point, the first pinot they made was in 2007. While I do think their wines drink really well on the young side I am laying down a couple of each wine to see what they do with time. I haven’t found any of their wines to be overtly tannic or structured but they do have really bright acids which leads me to believe there should be some mid term improvement.

I bought for the first time from the last release - too much hype not to try. I found that the fruit was a little too restrained for my taste, with no major corresponding increase in minerality, but that is just me and only me. You will never know until you try it.

“Son, I really do think community college might be the best option for you” - conversation at my dinner table tonight, probably.

Interesting that Escarpa is back in the lineup, my recollection is that John told me last year the vineyard had been replanted and would be out of production for a while.

2012 was the last vintage before the replanting