CellarTracker Suggestion Thread

any way you can embed The Wine Independent subscriptions for professional ratings on cellartracker?

On the desktop, you can go to the Pro Reviews tab on a wine and click on Add a Pro Review. You can then add the relevant information. It will then show up just for you in the Pro Reviews.

We don’t have any integration with TWI.

1 Like

We have been in email contact with them many times but actually haven’t heard back since December 2022.

That’s kinda wild.

1 Like

The add wine by email seems to have some sort of bug in it . . . most of the wines add correctly but I’m finding that one wine each time gets switched to something else - this case it was Rivers-Marie Chardonnay switching to Flowers Chardonnay (both Sonoma Coast). I forget what it was last time but again switched to a different wine (though same varietal/vintage IIRC). This appears to happen during the bulk import stage, not the process that reads the receipt and enters data.

Of course, could be just me?

Also - feature request: On bulk edit, in addition to multiplying price by a certain amount, how about an option to add a specified amount to price.

I am not trying to dredge up debate whether price should include/exclude taxes and shipping, but while taxes are usually a percentage shipping is usually something entered as a flat amount per bottle.

There is a fuzzy match that happens. You have to confirm and/or remap sometimes that happens.

As someone who has recently dipped their toe into futures, has there ever been consideration to add a futures option separate from Pending Delivery? Or, is there already a solution for this I don’t know?

It just seems to be a bottle I’m expecting 12+ months out is a little different than a bottle I expect within 3-6 months. I’m having trouble recalling which reports, but pending delivery bottles are in some reports.

I emailed Lisa about this. She’s very consistent. Wouldn’t reply to me, ever, at TWA. And she won’t reply in her new company. Boggles the mind that someone would ignore their customers.

1 Like

Don’t see what the problem is. Put expected delivery date in when entering purchase info. You can then order the pending by delivery date.

2 Likes

It isn’t a problem. Was just curious if they’ve ever thought about a distinction for Futures vs shorter term delivery windows.

My accounting brain thinking about assets or liabilities with varying maturities. Also, I love getting the Pending Delivery to zero. Harder to do with Futures. :joy:

2 Likes

I stopped buying in November, 2022 because my cellar was literally overflowing. (It’s still chock full.) Even with that hard stop I STILL have 8 bottles pending. Yes, I removed all pending from Premier Cru back in 2015. :crying_cat_face:

i really like the idea of an alert / snooze function here. set an email alert to remind you on a certain futures purchase and then you can snooze that by an arbitrary time period via your email client.

1 Like

In not sure I see what the distinction is. In either case you’ve paid for a wine that will be delivered at some date in the future - weeks months years. When does it shift from “future” to “pending” - when it’s bottled?

I like this suggestion. Could be a nice perk for the paid Cellartracker.

I’m trying to enter a one in, two out phase of collecting. But, sometimes it feels the opposite! Last year saw a few bottle increase, hoping for a decline this year.

Maybe instead of expected delivery date you have expected bottling date? Once confirmed bottled or put on ship to importer up to user if they want to switch status to pending delivery.

I just dislike having a wine in pending delivery for two years. May just be me.

Sounds like a futures issue … but all you’ll end up with is a futures list with two year bottles and a pending list without. Two different pages instead of one.

The example I am speaking of is Monte Bello. 2022 vintage, purchased in 2023 delivery in Spring 2025. I believe they’ve done it this way for years.

This isn’t a big deal to me, was just curious.

I think one of the noble goals of CT is to keep it simple. Undelivered wine is one of those categories. You buy, you wait for delivery. Time frame of the wait is irrelevant

4 Likes