CellarTracker Suggestion Thread

@Eric_LeVine may I my make a teeny suggestion? Add functionality to CT so you can track your cellar size over time. You could even make it into a graph!

Moving to a new thread

3 Likes

It’s there already… the functionality is pretty bare-bones and there’s a lot I wish it did that you can’t, but there are a few canned reports that can be run including Cellar size.

click on “my cellar” and then “my graphs”

They already have this feature in the somewhat new graphs or charts section.

Man, the fish are biting today! I thought I would reel in an Eric, but got a big Todd instead!

1 Like

Yeah didn’t we just do the share your cellar size graph thread?

1 Like

You might still get a Birthday Boy but you got me only because I had to move it to a new thread that had to do with your subject matter…no sense having it in that other thread :crazy_face:

2 Likes

But a suggestion I do have for @Eric_LeVine is that when you select a bunch of individual bottles, you can add them to your selling list, but that’s only one list. I found out the hard way after marking 50 bottles that when you create a list and add them, it only adds the wines like a wish list, not the bottles.

But maybe there’s another method? What do I do if I want to go through my cellar on my computer and mark a few dozen bottles from my offsite and put them on a list so when I get there it will show me the locations/bins so I can grab them? I could put a bottle note, but I may already have other bottle notes on those bottles that would be overwritten.

1 Like

Add an option to stop defaulting to a John Gilman drinking window if he has one. His windows are WHACK! I have consumed wines that were dead and John Gilman doesn’t think they’re ready to drink yet.

4 Likes

And CT claims I have 240 wines past their drinking window! I suspect not. Will have to see what they are.

1999 Jadot CSJ? I don’t think so, having drunk one of my three last Christmas.

2 Likes

They’re past their prime. Ship 'em to me. I’ll even cover shipping. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

I find Gilman’s excessively long windows much less annoying and more useful than the absurdly short drinking windows provided by too many inexperienced users.

9 Likes

You can. Just go into the subscription settings and DISABLE Gilman.

1 Like

Tag bottles from the INDIVIDUAL BOTTLE view. It does exact what you want. If you tag WINES then you get ALL bottles of that wine.

2 Likes

Hear hear.

It’s always nice to hear how, for example, a fresh, young vintage of Produttori or Ardanza is peaking now and should be drunk within this decade!

3 Likes

I’ve long since mentally filtered out the drinking windows column. I don’t even noticed it’s there anymore.

4 Likes

Thanks Eric!

On the subject of drinking windows - its true that the general community drinking window tends to be conservative, but they’re at least semi-believable most of the time. I’d rather default to the community window than John Gilman’s, and its great that can be customized.

1 Like

Have you entertained the idea that your bottles have been just performing poorly?

For me, I’d rather default to Gilman’s drinking windows rather than the community’s, because so many of the users seem to think that the wine is dead before I’m even beginning to think the wine is ready to be drunk, let alone close to its peak.

3 Likes

But anyways, I’m with @Chris_Seiber. I never pay any attention to drinking windows in CT. They never seem to be anywhere near my preference.

2 Likes

Would anyone else besides me find a second picture for the top of the capsule helpful?

(not looking to hear about anyone’s impressive cellar organization which prevents any confusion)

1 Like