CellarTracker Suggestion Thread

Sigh, if I were doing it all over again I would be so much more consistent about how pending bottles are handled. It is not entirely consistent. Ironically enough the BARCODE LABEL view (based on the INDIVIDUAL BOTTLE view) DOES in fact have a pending delivery filter…

3 Likes

Nice that works pretty well. But it seems something like that would be fairly simple to add? Same with multi select on locations? Or are you just too covered up with the mobile app rewrite?

Dark mode for the iOS app is probably the number 1 quality of life feature that I would love to see. I often find myself updating Cellar Tracker in bed, marking bottles as consumed and adding notes from my phone after an evening of great wines. The white light sears the eyes! :sunglasses:

Love that this thread exists and that you engage with the community. Thanks Eric!

4 Likes

What I’m saying is that in my experience, I have to go in and add my own food pairing tags regardless for each individual wine.

Instead of say, if you tag a 2008 Cristal as being good with lobster that food pairing tag doesn’t show up to me. Essentially I’d love to be able to easily sort by food pairing, but I typically don’t add them since it’s too much to add tags for every wine.

I have to go to that wine, see that someone tagged lobster as a food pairing and then type in lobster and tag it myself for my own 2008 Cristal.

If you follow.

1 Like

Got it. Yes, the mechanics are janky and this is something we need to fix to make them more useful. Sorry. Don’t have a time frame on this.

1 Like

This seems like a future HoF thread. Or as suggested a new pinned topic or category.

OT: I’d like an update of the WB users to CT user handles. I want to fan the WBs I follow so I can ignore most other TNs by default.

Here is link to previous list. CT handles

PS I’m a newbie so ignore as needed.

4 Likes

A way to tag mystery packs/deliveries.

Case at hand.

During BD15, I purchased some “mystery packs” from producers who are new to me.

I don’t know what the wines are, but I do know when I purchased them, how much I spent, the pending delivery date, etc.

It’s still important for me to track this: I need to be available for delivery, what if they forget to ship, etc.

Probably not the most pressing feature to prioritize, but this mornings quandry :slight_smile:

@gavin.f

Close.

You did that by adding a wine, finding a look a-like, copying that, adding “unkown” as a producer and adding the wine - correct @Pau1_M3nk3s? For each wine.

Didn’t do any of that. Just searched all wines for “unk” and chose one in the drop-down

This seems like the pretty rare case - but you know the producer, etc., so why not just pick a wine or wines that are close enough for now and then replace them with the info when received, and delete those bottles?

1 Like

Totally a rare case. The imprecision of that would kill the detail oriented nuter in me. I’ve given up doing that personal work :).

@Pau1_M3nk3 's work around is easier than what I was doing. Not exactly the thing, but good enough hack. Thanks, Paul!

1 Like

For wines where the aging curve has an early and late drinking window, it would be great to be able to track these somehow. The only way I can think of doing it is to record the later drinking window using the attributes, and then make a private note stating what the early drinking window is. However that precludes me from running a search to identify which wines are leaving their early drinking windows soon.

If there’s a better way to do this I’d love to know.

Set the early drinking window and then reset it when it passes.

3 Likes

i brought up a version of this in the drinking window thread, but CT is in the best place to automate this really well. both the volume and content of tasting notes can be easily turned into a “in the zone” time period for each wine; the more data the better the signal will be.

the user / collector would just see a visual element and of course they should include the ability to run reports / emails with, for example, quarterly reports on what you should think about drinking.

to me, this is real value add and all lives within the data and functionality that already exists. putting on the money hat, i’d put this behind a paid tier as the target audience are the hard-core users and would derive the most value which leverages the naturally-occuring free-tier / mass behavior already happening on the site.

3 Likes

You sleep in the cellar? :clinking_glasses:

any way you can embed The Wine Independent subscriptions for professional ratings on cellartracker?

On the desktop, you can go to the Pro Reviews tab on a wine and click on Add a Pro Review. You can then add the relevant information. It will then show up just for you in the Pro Reviews.

We don’t have any integration with TWI.

1 Like

We have been in email contact with them many times but actually haven’t heard back since December 2022.

That’s kinda wild.

1 Like