CC issue with user. Item not sent

Posting his email publicly as well

jeffmcd081@gmail.com

will remove when the situation is cleared

2 Likes

The email address looks like a possible burner
Venmo has some level of fraud resolution I thought?

I would run a reverse image search on the photos. If you can confirm that they were not original, it will provide evidence of fraud.

Nvm.

he was last here 7 days ago

IP address (not worth much, with server farms) is Indiana, registered from Columbus OH

Oof. That’s not a good sign. Thanks for sharing that Greg.

Venmo only has protection if you take their “Venmo Purchase Protection Program” which is roughly 2% of the sale.

Ironically. He really tried to get me to buy a 2018 George T Stagg at the same time. He took my first and only offer at $700. I told him I would buy it, IF the first transaction goes smoothly. He wanted to “ship together.” He gave excuses from his son’s 21st bday to the Winter storm why he hadn’t shipped yet…

I’ll include bottle pictures below. I did a google image search and nothing looked familiar. Maybe another tech savvy user will spot something I didn’t.

75345b625d7d5c5897b6ba6cbb137e91a5b6f953_2_376x500

This sucks Matt, weasels everywhere.Good Luck!

Hope you get some resolution Matt. That’s why there is a 25 post minimum for CC although it really should be 10 times that imo. (I realize he pm’d you though)

We have someone that posted 25 in a day and then posted a gift card in commerce.

Buyer beware

The Venmo transaction protection is well worth it for these circumstances. I recently used it when making a purchase here on WB and just added the 2% to the final price. I consider it a buyers premium for WB.

1 Like

If that 2% is no questions asked, that’s a bargain. I’m an old guy that uses PayPal :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I do too Robert. PayPal is easy for me. Although I do have Venmo too :). I hope this gets worked out.

I’m curious… would it cover an illegal transaction like those on CC?

1 Like

I should add… not judging! Just that peer-to-peer sale of alcohol is not legal federally or in any state as far as i am aware (I would be wrong).

2 Likes

(Oh… and sorry if you got scammed Matt, that sucks)

Thread drift…sort of…I’ve been permanently banned from using Paypal because I disputed a peer-to-peer transaction involving alcohol like 10 years ago. Any non-licensed transaction involving alcohol violates their TOS. I got no resolution and they cut me off for ever. For real. Just passing it that along.

That e-mail address seemed familiar, so I went to CCorner on WSpectator…he’s scamming over there as well (this post was from September, fortunately no one responded that I can see).

Nice find. Let’s expose this punk. I hope WS knows about this.

It sucks but it could have been much worse.
Live and learn.

FYI, he changed his name on Venmo: