CC issue with user. Item not sent

I’m curious… would it cover an illegal transaction like those on CC?

1 Like

I should add… not judging! Just that peer-to-peer sale of alcohol is not legal federally or in any state as far as i am aware (I would be wrong).

2 Likes

(Oh… and sorry if you got scammed Matt, that sucks)

Thread drift…sort of…I’ve been permanently banned from using Paypal because I disputed a peer-to-peer transaction involving alcohol like 10 years ago. Any non-licensed transaction involving alcohol violates their TOS. I got no resolution and they cut me off for ever. For real. Just passing it that along.

That e-mail address seemed familiar, so I went to CCorner on WSpectator…he’s scamming over there as well (this post was from September, fortunately no one responded that I can see).

Nice find. Let’s expose this punk. I hope WS knows about this.

It sucks but it could have been much worse.
Live and learn.

FYI, he changed his name on Venmo:

Love the “original box included” in that ad. Three bourbons that don’t ever come in a box together. :joy:

There must be a way to report to Venmo that an account is being used for fraud. Even if you don’t get your money back, at least its something?

I did. They are investigating it. I’m sure they have multiple fraudulent reports everyday. I won’t get my $$ back but I hope they ban both of his accounts and prevent him from having any future accounts.

3 Likes

Same for me, but foe me, it was because I disputed from Ray Walker!

Why would you ever have a dispute with Ray Walker? :cowboy_hat_face:

It is possible to “report” his Venmo account using the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screenshot posted by @Matt_A.

Having reviewed the Terms of Service for Venmo’s Purchase Protection, it appears that it would not have been refunded, given the transaction was for alcohol.

1 Like

Alcohol purchase?!? Looks to me like purchase was for dietary supplement

3 Likes

aka fraud

Word of advice, never use venmo to buy from strangers. I have a feeling this is the same guy that scammed here few years back. His methods are exactly the same.

1. Message you first
  2. Ask if you want to buy some other stuff he has
  3. Name change on venmo
  4. Name search, image search, ip search, all wont help.

Im pretty sure he/she has more fake accounts in this forum.

Can you post screenshots of the conversation?

Yikes, this really sucks. Sorry this happened, Matt.

I would directly talk to your bank and dispute the transaction instead of talking with Venmo . Hope you get your money back .

how did a “no real names” account even get cleared here? If i recall when i signed up my full name had to be in my handle (allowed to be in disguise) or it had to be in my footnote thing. Did that change since?

Your first name is missing. What’s your full name?

2 Likes