Cayuse Double Lucky!

You got a 2 liter bottle? [highfive.gif]
You must be a Good customer!
yes, I know

1 Like

UPS dropped off my bottle yesterday. I’m a bit hesitant to open it for the Zoom event though. I do not like to open bottles so soon after shipping. I generally wait three or four weeks. Anyone else feel the same here, or am I being overly concerned?

I wondered the same Michael. Though I think younger wines are less a concern. I am going to try to open for the zoom. It is free bottle and hearing comments on it while tasting it should be quite informative.

1 Like

Haha, I’m an idiot

I can’t make the zoom event so I’m not planning to open it. Will save for a later occasion.

2pm is early?! It’s 11am pacific time. :wink:

Does anyone have the zoom link that they could share or DM? I share an allocation with a friend and have the bottle, but not the link… thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Thank you!!

The zoom today was very cool. The new wine is amazing. Christophe’s enthusiasm is contagious. First time seeing Elizabeth and she is also a great winemaker.

Really enjoyed the Zoom, and the wine today. Great with a charcuterie & cheese plate. Christophe was very engaging (and probably getting trashed)!!

I was so impressed with the new wine, to be drinking so well already.

1 Like

I missed the event, but my wife and I gave the wine a try last night - really good! How are they selling it? Do I need to get on No Girls, or will it have a separate list?

It will be offered on the No Girls list. I have not purchased No Girls in several years so I am hoping they will offer it to the Cayuse list also.

Apparently will be offered to the No Girls list starting with the '18 vintage…not sure if more of the '17 will be available.

Thanks! Maybe I’ll try to get back on No Girls, I’m just on Cayuse right now

For anyone that has opened it, what would you open alongside as a comparison? I missed the live but plan on watching the recording this weekend.

Hmmmm. Many different ways you could go. You could open it with a recent no girls or Cayuse. Or with a comparably priced (40 to 50) Rhône blend from somewhere else. It is distinctly a Cayuse type wine, though smoother and more approachable. On the other side I would not pair it with an auslese. :grinning:

I would want to compare it to another Cayuse syrah. It is made from very young vines and it would be interesting to see how that makes a different style of a Cayuse wine.

One idea if you have the bottles is to try it with a relatively recent Cayuse Syrah (I would suggest En Cerise or En Chamberlin); an Impulsivo; and a God Only Knows. The reason is that Double Lucky is a blend of Syrah, Grenache, and Tempranillo. Perhaps even better would be to pair with three No Girls of those grapes – as I think Double Lucky exhibits that slightly more subtle and restrained approach that I get from No Girls over Cayuse.