Cayuse Double Lucky!

Received my lucky bottle yesterday. Looking forward to the April 3 Zoom. Great organization, top to bottom!

Mine came in with my No Girls order.

Very tempted to pop it…

I guess you own it now, but kinda goes against the spirit…

1 Like

Doh!
Was on the Cayuse waiting list for 8+ yrs and finally got the opportunity to order a couple of years ago. Rubbed me the wrong way that I couldn’t choose the bottling I wanted, so backed out last year.
Whoops, me not so double lucky. Should have kept at it.

Agreed - very disappointing to see that bottle on WineBid. Sometimes no good and well intentioned deed goes unpunished. Us, looking forward to the zoom.

Not just that, but the asking price is also ridiculous given this was a gift…

Are people getting shipping notices, or are these just showing up? (Got the email, but haven’t received my bottle yet. Not owed anything, obviously, but was excited about the idea.)

Ew. That’s pretty tacky, at best. [bleh.gif]

2 Likes

according to legend, selling free wine is seven years in the desert bad luck…

I remember when people did the same thing with the “and an 8 track” SQN Rose.

Not a classy thing to sell these IMO, but it is a free country.

Same; got the original email, but nothing about shipping (and it hasn’t showed up).

also got original email… but no shipping notice… maybe it’s a rolling shipment roll out. :slight_smile:

Ours came the other day, with our No Girls shipment.

Shipping Details

For most of the country, the sample bottle will ship on March 22, 2021. For those who call Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Texas home, the sample bottle will ship to you on Feb. 15, 2021.

5 Likes

This is my first year to get an offering from the Horsepower list. I got a ship notification from them earlier this week and was excited to get my first Horsepower allocation. I opened it and it’s a single bottle of Double Lucky #8. I was so confused, I thought I had gotten the wrong order. So I googled it to see what exactly it was and found this thread. I never got the original Doubly Lucky #8 email because I got the Horsepower offer email for first allocation after the fact. Super stoked about it though!

2L arrived yesterday here in OR.

First year that I made the Cayuse list - and what great timing! Looks like my free bottle will be arriving tomorrow. I will definitely be opening it for the Zoom tasting.

Mine just arrived. Pretty cool.

I got mine yesterday. I had forgotten about it, so I was surprised for a moment to get a single bottle shipment from Cayuse.

I have no pride. It arrived via UPS today and my wife and I opened the bottle. It was a special occasion. Poured into a decanter and sat it upright for two+ hours at 60 degrees. Then we poured part of it into fishbowl sized Sommeliers. Now, we are four hours into the wine and have a very real desire/need to buy more. It would not be fair to describe our reaction, rather just to say we want to buy more.

We envy your first taste…

Thank you, Double Lucky, for a bottle well worthy of celebrating two weeks after my second Covid shot today.

Two shots. Double Lucky.

5 Likes