Cayuse Double Lucky!

I just don’t want to rejoin the NG list.

I don’t know why they even included people that aren’t on the NG list currently (like me). I appreciate the free bottle and enjoyed the wine but kind of crappy if you like it since you have a join a wait list for who knows how long and then maybe get allocated 3 bottles of it in some future year. The virtual seemed like a big sales pitch but doesn’t seem necessary since everything has a wait list. The handful of people that I know on the NG list were also a bit annoyed that they were introduced a new lower price wine that is ready to drink now but they don’t have any to sell and the next release is almost a year away.

I think it’s relative. It drives demand for the NG list, their cash cow is Cayuse and they saved a fortune when they cancelled the tasting due to COVID, and the goodwill/press that they’ve gotten from this is huge. I think it was a super-smart move.

What is the point of driving demand for a list that is already full?

assuming this wasn’t rhetorical…
4 labels now (plus champagne), would not be surprised to see drop off rates increasing, or customers narrowing down to one or two labels. Would guess the no girls brand is weaker than the main cayuse, maybe the wait list is dwindling. This could strengthen that brand, plus brings more publicity to Elizabeth to help strengthen her personal brand.

Only someone on WineBerserkers can consider a free bottle of wine from Christophe as being “kind of crappy”.

:joy:

Tom

1 Like

I spit wine on my keyboard. Terrible, as it’s a 2019 Kobayashi Viognier and fantastic. Well played.

Well said Tom, Christophe and Trevor have been more than classy to my wife and I and my family and friends over a couple of decades.Walla Walla was the big loser the last couple years with the canceling of Cayuse Weekend.To say
it was better monetary wise for them to not have the release party is laughable if not downright ignorant.

I agree Mike. Christophe has always been incredibly generous and a fantastic host. This was a tremendous gesture on his part.

Tom

Andrew,

Do not waste any Kobayashi, my friend! That’s hard to come by! champagne.gif

1 Like