Cabot Sparkler - whoa

4, 3, 2, 1………

3 Likes

Can we just give a huge shout out to the man that made this project happen, Casey Hartlip!? Every year, when I went to pick up grapes in Anderson Valley, I was greeted at day break by Casey’s dog, Peewee. Cutest little side kick ever. The relationship Casey has with his latin crew is so fun to watch. They all love and respect him. They work hard to please him. He clearly struck a great balance between boss, friend, and family member for these incredibly hard working folks. Back in the day I would ride on the back of the trailer while 16 people picked and dumped fruit into my bins. According to some of the members of the crew I was the only “winery owner” that did this, and I did my best to work my ass off, keeping up with the crew. The first day, (2010) some of the guys threw buckets of fruit over the row to hit me in the back of the head, to razz me, laughing the whole time. They called me, “El Pollito”, which means the little chicken. The chicken is the person who picks leaves out of the bins, as they get dumped in , because you’re literally “pecking” the leaves in a fast, precise manner. There’s a Latin woman calling out each pickers number every time they dump a bucket, so they get paid for every one. I just loved the energy and the banter(I speak Spanish) as the crew picked. It was always the highlight of my year. As glad as I am that Casey is retired, and enjoying his life, I will forever miss those days, and the excitement every year, to get his impeccably farmed fruit, and visit with him. Cheers Casey Hartlip. You’re a legend and a great friend. Love you man.

9 Likes

OK, John. I give up. Give me a third three pack

1 Like

Im popping a 2014 this weekend. Something tells me Im going to place a followup order shortly thereafter

1 Like

Ok this thread finally got me, just ordered a 3 pack.

In for a 3 pack.
As these seem to be moving out the door quicker than cash during a bank run, probably will be sold out by the time I try and attempt to order more.

After reading this thread, I ordered a 3-pack and can’t wait to try these out.

I curse all of you. I just ordered 2 more 3 packs and I haven’t tried any from my first order.

2 Likes

I mean…with all this love, i feel like ive gotta at least grab a 3-pack!

Are we just ordering straight from the site?

2 Likes

Yes Rich

1 Like

Mike you do realize you only get 1 of the 2014 in that 3 pack. Best err on the side of caution and get a few more, heaven forbid you run out of 2014s too soon.

1 Like

The FOMO from only having two 2014s is actually what led me to order a couple more 3-packs.

1 Like

Its almost like John is an evil genius, putting 1x 2014 in the pack. Heck i am starting to feel like I need a few more now just in case…

1 Like

Did you moonlight selling Dead Sea salt body scrubs out of mall carts by any chance?

1 Like

No, my family has been burrying the dead for 100 years though. Six Feet Under was written after my family. My brother went to high school with the writer. He admitted he took the story concept from Cabot and Sons mortuary, Pasadena, Ca.

3 Likes

You know, you can just order 3 ‘14s if you wish.

1 Like

The 16 is the sleeper right now. It’s just not showing as well as the 14. Give it some time. It will bring a huge amount of pleasure. Im adding a “drinkability chart” to my site, where I try my wines ever so often and make notes as to weather to drink or hold, and when certain eiges are “on”!

1 Like

How many years off are we from the next release of a Cabot sparkler? I vaguely recall the next one is a 2019?

1 Like

We are just about to disgorge the 2020 brut rose from Southern Humboldt. 30 year old Martini clone Pinot, dry farmed.

6 Likes

That’s a really amazing story.

My question (joke) was for Jonathan though because he keeps pushing people to buy like those people who won’t let you leave those Dead Sea mineral scrub carts at the mall until you buy something.