Beta Release 2023 (+Jasud)

Beta release announced for the 2019 vintage - Sept 26 at 8am PST.

This release will include Montecillo, Hamilton and Maus. In the spring we will be releasing Lupina and Vare 2019’s as well as Chardonnay from Placida from 2021.

Also Jasud release announced for the 2021 vintage - Oct 10 at 8am PST.

Allocations will be held for 24hrs for those who have previously purchased, remaining wines will be released after that time period.

Sounds like Jasud will be allocated the same as Beta.

4 Likes

Curious if anyone got a version of the email that didn’t say:

“Additionally we will have our inaugural Jasud release of the 2021 vintage on Tuesday October 10th at 8AM PST. This has been a long time coming for us and we couldn’t be happier to share these wines with you.”

If everyone’s email said that then I’m assuming that getting the email does not mean you’ll have a Jasud allocation since there are so many fewer bottles.

1 Like

There are lots of Beta / Jasud threads.

Thought I would start one focused on the next release.

Beta September 26th at 8 PST - Montecillo, Hamilton and Maus. In the spring 2019 Lupina, Vare and 2021 Chardonay from Placida.

Jasud October 10th - 8 PST

Allocations will be held for 24 hours for those who have purchased.

5 Likes

Looks like Jasud 21. He doesn’t mention the 19 as far as I can see.

1 Like

Thoughts on 2019 as a vintage? Have you tried any of these wines? Thanks!

2 Likes

I think Beta is the 26th…not the 19th (today)

2 Likes

Dupe…

2 Likes

Going to be 26th per Ketan unless he is doing a release without notice

corrected. I was multi-tasking

3 Likes

This matches what he told me in February. The 19’ was over sulphuric and wouldn’t be ready any time soon. He said he would release 21’ before 19’. He also has very little 19’ so who knows what eventually happens with the 19 bottles.

2 Likes

“Allocations held for 24 hours for those who’ve ordered in the past”

That doesn’t sound very friendly. Better than FCFS? Sure. But 24 hours? C’mon, man! Some folks actually have lives…

1 Like
2 Likes

I have not tried the 2019s (except Jasud) but have tried many of the Beta wines and have bought them from the beginning. After all the recent press Ketan is on the path to having a MacDonald level wait on the mailing list so I guess you have to take a leap of faith. There are lots of professional reviews now and others here have tasted them and hopefully can comment.

3 Likes

Never visited but have been purchasing for some time. Great wines, will definitely buy whatever I can. This may be my wife’s favorite list.

2 Likes

Exceptional.

1 Like

21 Jasud is one of the best wines I’ve ever had. It’s otherworldly.

4 Likes

I assume if we received this email we won’t need to sign up for a separate Jasud email? Wasn’t sure if Ketan was keeping it all to one list.

1 Like

I assume so.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve been buying since 17s so hopefully that puts me high enough on the list to get a couple

1 Like

Ketan told me he made 3 barrels of 21 Jasud. So 75 cases roughly.