Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping

Is there a First Bottle thread on WB?

This one is the closest I could find… I just bit on the Mystery STA Rita Hills PN.
I generally really like PN coming out of SRH and FBs discounts seem less ridiculously inflated as LB or WTSO.

From FB’s email:

Mystery Single-Block Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir

JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS

We don’t normally do this sort of thing, but when we do…look out! This is an earth-shattering steal, and you’re gonna have to trust us a bit. Santa Rita Hills pinot noir from a single block in a highly coveted vineyard, with great scores and tremendous history and pedigree. While we can’t tell you much, we’ll give you a few hints. When you see and taste what it is, you’re gonna wish you bought more at this crazy, never before, never again price.

So with that, how about a few clues?

** From a long-standing vineyard a mere 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean*
** From a single block adjacent to the groundbreaking Sanford & Benedict vineyard*
** A 94-point rating from Jeb Dunnuck*
** $92 winery retail*
** The most jaw-dropping price you will ever see. Happiness guaranteed!*

$39.95! THATS 56% OFF! FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED…

Anybody have an idea what that might be?

I’m so done with their mysterious deals. Also, I’d take First Bottle (and Last Bottle) discount shown with a grain of salt. They will be mostly W-S low at best, and many times mysterious get you wines no one wanna buy.

2 Likes

I like the challenge, even if the wine isn’t in my wheelhouse. My guess is “Dragonette ‘Fiddlestix’ Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir,” 2020?

2 Likes

Hey Ben, since first bottle and last bottle are basically sister companies we usually post about both sites offers etc. in the ‘Last Bottle’ thread.
Best of luck on your mystery buy, someone posted they thought it was Chanin Sanford & Benedict

Thanks CJ. I’ll post there in the future. Is there a discussion already around this? I can’t find the Chanin guess in the lastbottle thread.

1 Like

See here: PSA: First Bottle Wines Sale - #32 by K_N_Haque

1 Like

Thanks!

Wired for Wine is having fall sale:
"now through Sunday, 10/2 at midnight. Use code FALLSTOCKUP at checkout to receive 15% off your entire order. "

4 Likes

$50 off 300 with 50FORYOU at Wine.com

1 Like

Thank you! I discovered a new retailer and purchased champagne.

2 Likes

I looked this morning and saw 2 champagnes I was contemplating pulling the trigger on, two I’ve never had so I was relying on CT, if you don’t mind what did you purchase?
Also, could you combine the 15% off with the $99 and over free shipping?

1 Like

Yes you can use one promo code for free shipping and also do cash back. I haven’t been able to find the 15% cash back but in theory you can do that.

No you can’t use 2 codes, but all orders with at least 6 bottles automatically ship free.

2 Likes

I purchased:

• Mouzon-Leroux l’Atavique Tradition Champagne
  • Louis Roederer et Phillipe Starck Brut Nature Rosé Champagne 2012 (I got the last bottle)
  • 2 Raventos i Blanc de Nit Brut Cava Rose 2020 (I have had this before and it’s a good cellar defender)
  • 2 De Sousa Cuvee 3A Grand Cru Champagne
  • 2 A. Margaine Rose de Saignee Champagne 2012 (I have had A. Margarine before, but not the rose. Regular brut is available)

Free shipping for 6 bottles. Coupons do not stack.

Here is another bottle that I did not purchase, but have had before:

• Piper-Heidsieck Brut Champagne Rose Sauvage 750ml ( the 375 ml is overpriced.)
2 Likes

Havent had the de Nit in a while but agree on it being a solid cellar defender

1 Like

For the capital one shopping rebates, am I supposed to get a notification email once the purchase goes through? (Or is there some delay)

1 Like

There is usually an email that comes the day after. You can look at the shopping portal to see what you’ve earned. It usually takes 30 days from time of purchase from most retail places for your earnings to post.

Portal link: Capital One Shopping

2 Likes

This isn’t working for me. Code not recognized.

1 Like

I didn’t use it but received an email for this code which said it expired 9/30.

Try ENJOY50 for the current 50 off 300 deal.

2 Likes