Best 2015 No. Rhône to Stock Up on? Jamet or Juge?

Just kidding. Fu bought them all.

I was gonna write that, but you beat me to it

Ha, Jamet is easy to find!

Fu is a Poseur.

:wink:

Chave Hermitage. I bought a fair bit.

Ugh. Everything is so expensive. I really want the Jamet, but I can’t pay the price. I want the Chave too, but I really can’t pay that price.

Of all the very sought after rhones I worked up the nerve to buy some Allemand, Jamet and Chave.

It was a no-brainer to pass on the Juge that sold out at $400 a bottle that’s made from grapes that otherwise make ~$50/bottle cornas from Domaine du Tunnel.

If prices keep going up I might drop Chave but I sort of doubt it will happen just because of how much wine they make. Chave and Allemand perform really well in off vintages so that’s another good strategy but I wouldn’t try it with Jamet. I worry the most about what will happen to Allemand, the one I can’t imagine not buying.

Chave is a producer whose release prices have held fairly steady. (c.f. Allemand, Clape, Juge, and to a lesser extent Jamet)

Noah, insiders know it’s the vintage of a lifetime. Passing up on an opportunity to get in at the ground floor is a mistake that will haunt you for the rest of your life. You have kids right? You want to provide for them right? Send them to the right schools and put nothing but non-GMO organic produce on the dinner table right? And what about your wife? Doesn’t she deserve nice things? A decent house and an upgrade to that honest and “humble” engagement ring you gave her? All these things can and will happen if you sack up, grab life by the short and curlies and buy now! Work with me Noah, I’m throwing you a lifeline here. Are you going to grab it, or are you too scared to see how sweet your life can really be?
24EEBE66-2DEA-4053-9D19-00AD5A9A5E9E.jpeg

And they are consistent 93 point wines.

What do you mean, you’re gonna pass on Jamet at $250?. The only people making money passing are NFL quarterbacks and I don’t see a number on your back.

What continues to blow my mind is the number of people who complain about the “elevated pricing”. As if balling out comes free of charge! That arguement also completely ignores the massive opportunity cost and reputational hit associated with not buying Juge, Jamet, Tusk, 8 Years in the Desert, Ace of Spades Gold Brut 6L, Snow leopard mink coats, etc. Talk about playing checkers vs 3D chess. If you aren’t prepared to commit to the wine game, then move out of the way and go catch some damn Pokémon.

I guess kids can always go to public skool.

Those of you who have not sold your wife and kids are just not adequately committed.

PM sent for more info on this.

Bobby I suggest restricting yourself to Northern Rhone wines that are no longer being made because the winemakers have retired / passed away. That’s really how one ought to maintain proper standards

Out of curiosity, what are the current US prices for those 3 ?

If it is any consolation, Jamet 2015 is pretty hard to find in France. If you find it, it most likely won’t be below 75€.
I bought just 3 bottles at 80€ (started buying at well below 50€ not that long ago so I’m reaching my limit), and the guy was out of stock for 2015 even though it was not yet on the shelves (still had 2014 on display).

Allemand is worse, very very difficult to source and Reynard is now 90-100€. Not really worth it for me but I can certainly understand the attraction, unique wines in their styles.

Alain

And no comments on pricing, please.

You Want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari, 355 Cabriolet, What’s up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am liquid.

You want off the Jamet list? Fine, fine. I’m going to take you off my list of successful people today.