BerserkerDay Offer: By popular request...Match Vineyards! (Mags again!)

Directly from Randy Sloan’s keyboard to my PM box to my clipboard to my screen to YOUR screen:

"Match Vineyards will be raffling off 6 magnums of our soon-to-be-released 2008 Butterdragon Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. The price to enter this raffle: you must be a registered member of WineBerserkers.com AND have donated at least a total of $135 (the retail price of the wine) to a verifiable children’s charity from 1/1/2011 through 1/27/2011. Since it is my raffle, I have decided that WineBerserkers administrators are also eligible to win.

Folks who qualify should make a post in the designated thread sometime on January 27th. Six winners will be selected from the list of qualifiers. If your name is drawn, you will need to provide proof of your qualifying donation(s). If any poster turns out to not meet eligibility requirements, I will draw another name until all six magnums have been given away. The wine will be shipped ground at my expense once the weather warms up, probably in March. Only one entry per member will be accepted. Must be 21 years of age to win wine.

What charities qualify? Well, might favorite and one near-and-dear to my family is the Children’s Tumor Foundation (http://www.ctf.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). My niece is this year’s CTF National Ambassador. But you may have your own favorite. My goal is not to exclude your charity, so if you think I might have some doubt that the charity you are giving to is a children’s charity, make your case. You’ll probably win.

In fact, while I would prefer that folks not post the amount given publicly in the thread, we’ll deal with that via PM or Email after you quality, it would be great if folks share a bit about their charity in the thread.

As always, THANK YOU!!"

Todd says: Let’s do some good, then have some great wine to do some bad!

I’m in for one! [snort.gif]

I am in and I can provide proof of donations.

George Hejna

Looking forward to having a big pot of names to choose from this year.

I’m in!

Count me in! The charity is called “The Partnership Plan”, a local organization in my community that raises funds and distributes them to the local school district to enhance the educational experience of K-12 students. As I’ve done in the past, this month I donated a few cases of wine for their upcoming fundraising event.

http://www.partnershipplan.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ouch…donate only between 1/1/11 and 1/27/11? I gave during Christmas. I want to double check that that truly dies not count as I would love to be entered. The charity is called the Cody Dieruf benefit foundation and helps local kids in Montana pay for and deal with a horrible disease called cystic fibrosis. It has a website if anyone wants to check it out. It has been around for only about 4 years but is growing bigger and bigger as time goes by with the generous help of the montana community.

Anyway, if this donation which meets the monetary requirement will work, I am In! I am also flying back to montana for the auction on feb 26th and will be donating then as well.

Please please does this count? Me loves the match wines!

Count me in.

My charity is Cook’s Children’s Hospital in my home town of Fort Worth. My daughter had a seizure just before her second birthday, and we spent the next year trying to figure out how and why. Cook’s was great from start to finish, and especially now that I have two daughters, as long as I am living in Fort Worth I will give as much support as I can to Cooks.

Excellent choice.

BeserkerDay Auction: Bryan Flannery Private Reserve Pack--CLOSED - BerserkerDay Forum (Jan 27, 2012) - WineBerserkers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I’m in. Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters. Edmarc Hospice for Kids.

I’m in. I’ll give to Mercy Home for Boys and Girls in Chicago. Great org!

Hi Levi,

You know, I thought long and hard about how to encourage new giving with the raffle and yet still include those who gave relatively recently. I decided to put the 1/1 start date as a lot of folks already give prior to year end (Thank you!) but the charities need money all year long. I like the idea of folks who start off the year giving. I know, it’s an arbitrary deadline, but I am going to stick with it for this raffle. Sorry.

I made a significant donation to our local YMCA this month. If this is considered a Children’s charity, then count me in.

thanks
Jan Brekke

Count me in, Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta.

Thanks
Tom

If these qualify:

I donated to Make a Wish, annual thru United Way designated to Girl Scouts, and sponsored a rider for Race for Cure but some of these were before Jan 1- Jan 27th 2011. Some are on-going…

Count me in: Hearth Benedictine Place. ( Pittsburgh women and children program for education and housing ) my wife is their food and wine event chair and our donation is, well let’s say, substantial. Can pm proof if desired.
Brian

Keep 'em coming. All the charities mentioned sound like they will qualify as long as the gift is being paid after 1/1 so the “continuing” donation should work.

I’ll contact all the names after today and give instructions on how to prove qualification.

I am in. The charity is Family House of San Francisco. The Mission of Family House is to serve as a home away from home for families of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses by providing physical comfort and emotional support, free from financial concerns. http://familyhouseinc.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Its really a spectacular organization.
Dennis Wilson

Randy, does the “Human Fund” count?

Nice, Benjamin. I dig it. Wonder how many people got that reference? This whole berserker day feels like a festivus for the rest of us…